Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: More reasons to prepare

Default More reasons to prepare

North Korea fired another advanced long range missile. There is some arguing about the newest missile and its capabilities but the main take-away fact is that NK is advancing steadily in the missile department. Will Trump put an end to it? It is anyone's guess and whether the answer is yes or no the result will be bad, either bad now if we attack or bad later when/if NK attacks.

Chase bank on Monday was mostly shut down by a likely hack/cyber attack. Chase is a Very big bank. This cyber situation will only get worse as time goes on. On Monday many people across the USA found out their Chase debit cards were temporarily worthless leaving them to use either cash or go without (or use a credit card). What if next time the cyber attack takes down all plastic cards?

Just about everyone in the USA will agree that we are experiencing financial/economic bubbles in at least some areas. Record stock market highs that are based on nothing. Real estate prices and demand sky rocketing, exactly like just before the last crash.
    Several states that are in severe financial distress (look at Illinois).

My take-away from these facts is that now is not the time to ignore your preparations for hard times. It is not at emergency status but careful thinking, planning, and purchasing I feel is certainly prudent.

NK has stepped over the line in the sand. It needs be dealt with immediately!! We shall see if it does now...
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

I was talking to somone just yesterday about NK. The big problem is this. In order to take out North Koreans capabilities, there has to be an absolutely massive response. This is because North Korea has enough artillery aimed at Seoul that they can level that city with standard munitions in under an hour. This would leave millions dead. But, attacking North Korea with enough force to stop them is going to cause millions to die in North Korea.

So what do we do? Either way, we are looked at by the rest of the world as the bad guy.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Next time they have one of their Military parades with darn near everyone in attendance, drop a Moab and 80% of their top nut jobs will be relinquished of command! The ones in leadership left that were lower on the totem pole that were not at the parade, wouldn't have the balls id bet to do a thing. They'd have to first figure out what exactly happened. We could use cyber warefare technology and get out on the net one of their own missiles in the parade blew up....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    I was talking to somone just yesterday about NK. The big problem is this. In order to take out North Koreans capabilities, there has to be an absolutely massive response. This is because North Korea has enough artillery aimed at Seoul that they can level that city with standard munitions in under an hour. This would leave millions dead. But, attacking North Korea with enough force to stop them is going to cause millions to die in North Korea.

So what do we do? Either way, we are looked at by the rest of the world as the bad guy.
    We already are the " bad guy " Cav, have been for a long time. Question is, do we want to be the bad guy who does what is right and finally gets some respect, or the bad guy wearing Obama panties who bows down to our enemies ?

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    We already are the " bad guy " Cav, have been for a long time. Question is, do we want to be the bad guy who does what is right and finally gets some respect, or the bad guy wearing Obama panties who bows down to our enemies ?
    That's my point. We are already the bad guy, and no matter what we do it will not help our status.

We do need to bomb the North Koreans to hell. I agree with you in that regard but I do not see us ever doing it the way it needs to be done.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

The Parade technique is perfect for deniability. Prove how it happened or whom did it....

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    That's my point. We are already the bad guy, and no matter what we do it will not help our status.

We do need to bomb the North Koreans to hell. I agree with you in that regard but I do not see us ever doing it the way it needs to be done.
    You are probably right about that, although if there ever was a guy in the White House with the cajones to do the job right, and the Military minds in high places to back him, now is the time.

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Next time they have one of their Military parades with darn near everyone in attendance, drop a Moab and 80% of their top nut jobs will be relinquished of command! The ones in leadership left that were lower on the totem pole that were not at the parade, wouldn't have the balls id bet to do a thing. They'd have to first figure out what exactly happened. We could use cyber warefare technology and get out on the net one of their own missiles in the parade blew up....
    I like the way you think skeeter.

Oh it wasn't my idea. But think about it.... after the explosion whom exactly would the remaining peons blame for it? They'd have to figure out exactly what happened first. I highly doubly they'd just launch an attack on the south...