Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is CNN become the standard bearer..flag waver for Tabloid News??

Default Is CNN become the standard bearer..flag waver for Tabloid News??

I have been watching CNN in the news of late...Not watching that network but observing the coverage concerning CNN. I won't even tune in CNN for news..I will go elsewhere.

For many many years now certain of us out here have termed CNN to be "Chicken Noodle News."

It seemed to fit..even so many years ago.

But observers out here have noticed that with this last election cycle CNN has verily fit the bill of ladling...to where they are nothing but a tabloid mouthpiece of the left.

Since Ted Turner sold it years ago ..it has been steadily drifting more to the left and this to the point where today it has demonstrated a severe and open lack of reporting objectivity..and turned into an opinion making network masquerading as a news network.

Chicken Noodle News is closely followed by MSNBC...in this avenue.

It is just getting more difficult to tell the difference between CNN and the tabloid pulp magazines at the check out stands in the grocery store.

And CNN seems to be so hell bent on this course that they are willing to sink their ship behind it, just as is much of our current Congress..as professional politicians not representatives.
    They are dogmatic..not leaders. Dogmatic as in pushing a devout religion.

This is happening to various degrees with all the networks including Fox News..but CNN seems to have "fallen" so far and so quickly...it is clearly leading the pack.

How many of the members here have noticed the Tabloid pattern..in particular with Chicken Noodle News???

My .02,

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 06-27-2017 at 09:57 AM.

You're just now noticing? LOL CNN has been the Communist news network for at least two decades. Though all the rest of them are following behind quickly to include FOXNews!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

I don't watch CNN. I don't have time to waste on hyperbole and flip to drum up rating. I never have been a CNN viewer.
    I do watch Fox News with reservation though.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Several of their people have left after it came out that their "reporting" on TRUMP/Russia was false. So I heard on the radio this a.m.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Three of them left. Some people still learn from their mistakes. Others, not so much!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    You're just now noticing? LOL CNN has been the Communist news network for at least two decades. Though all the rest of them are following behind quickly to include FOXNews!
    Fox! Dangit....Yea that's been going to the dark side lately.....and I am still suffering from O'Reilly Withdrawal Syndrome. And they tried to take Hannity down -----and I don't even care about that prettyboy.

Where to go if Fox becomes Darth Vader's new toy?

Bret Baer and Tucker Carlson are about the last two good reporters left at Fox.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

No I am not just now noticing..but what I am noticing is the connection to the Tabloid format....ala...the check out stands at the grocery / pharmacy.

Remember when it was..."I had a two headed baby!!????" That sort of gotcha sensationalism to get you to come off your monies.??? Well to me much of the media is become like that....for ratings..not for the integrity of news reporting. Just like a politician ..for ratings/polls/votes.

And it has now morphed into outright lies and deception....or as some say .."To the dark side."

And yes I have noticed this at Fox as well and agree with Camouflaged here..

" I do watch Fox News with reservation though."

I have my doubts about Hannity..too.

Like this fellow Carlson for his saltiness..in his interviews. He can give as good as he gets...salty in dealing with slugs. I think that is great!! We need more like him.

I get a good percentage of my news from this computer...and from other Hams with whom I am in contact..also the shortwave bands on the radio between 2.000MHZ and 30.000 MHZ.

No I am not just realizing that about CNN and the others..but more into the Tabloid connection...or if you prefer...sensationalism..distortion for political capital.

It is about that for which I am inquiring of the members here. The Tabloid Connection.

I am thinking this because as politics finances public education from grade schools through college..public education in certain arenas has so become as well....tabloid....snowflakes...et al.

So too the body politic...and of course the media in bed with the body politic. They too are become tabloid snowflakes.....and in a manner seem to be reaping the effects of this disease...this virus. I am wondering when the effects of this virus/diseasw will catch up with public education???

That is where I am going with this line of thought.

Thanks to all for their posts.

Orangetom

Just Razzin ya Tom. Lol And Yes I agree the communist news network is nothing more than tabloid news these days. Their next story will probably be Trump has an illegitimate kid somewhere....

Ahhh...thanks for the clarification Tex.

But you know Tex....your position about the illegitimate child is not that far a stretch in a Tabloid world.

Just Razzin ya Tom. Lol And Yes I agree the communist news network is nothing more than tabloid news these days. Their next story will probably be Trump has an illegitimate kid somewhere....
    Jerry!!!!!!!! Jerry!!!!!!! Jerry!!!!! "And the DNA says...... Your are the father!!!!!"

I was in the rain locker getting ready to shove off this afternoon and had on the El Rushbo....listening to his comments on CNN's Jim Acosta bouncing off the walls at the White House Press Briefing because they could not turn on their cameras today. Talk about a pin ball machine..Jim Acosta I mean in the audio accounts.....tabloid...ricocheting off the walls like a pin ball because they couldn't turn on their cameras....and trying to intimidate and bully that Spicer fellow.... being rude and interrupting. What a class act!!!

I think the White House is having fun playing CNN like a trained bird. El Rushbo likens it to how he plays with his cat and gets his cat to follow and chase the laser pointer.

I think he is right...El Rushbo.

These guys in the media have been putting politicians and the people of this country on the puppet strings for years and years now only to find out they cannot take it when someone does it to them. They cannot take what they area want to dish out to the people and leadership.

I am glad to be a witness to it happening to them.

Thanks,
    Orangetom