Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Conflicts nation wide! It won't be long now...

That is what I have my eye on for some day down the road...a Henry in 41 Mag...and another in .38 Special/.357 Mag. I just like the Rifle/Handgun concept in the same calibration....for some things.

But for hard rifle shooting I prefer a common calibration in the 30 cal range..usually .308 or 30.06

But the Rifle/pistol combination in a commonly available calibration appeals to me since I have been learning to roll my own .41 Mags.

I've Spread the word to some of the folks at work who are into prepping...and thinking outside the box of the Kardashians ..et al.
    Now what they do with the info is their business..but they have been told...or as I am often want to say ..."Free...no cover charge."

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Post Script....

Hey Skeeter...a footnote here which I seem to have missed in your post back on page 4 about the model 60 Marlin Glenfields.

Yes Tom a 22 can be deadly. But one with a 22 I wouldn't consider heavily armed! Lol I have 3 old mint 60's that shoot lights out with iron sights. I also have a Frankensteined/modified 10/22 that's accurate as heck too.
    You brought up a noteworthy point about the Glenfield Model 60s. I seem to be able to work the Iron sights well on mine...quite accurately for factory iron sights...though I have glass on mine.

I was never able to do this with the 10/22s I've had...and Iron Sights. Never discovered why or what the difference was ..but I always appreciated and respected this in the Glenfield Model 60s iron sights.

Thanks for bringing that up and reminding me.

I understand that there are modifications of the 10/22 which are great shooters..but I always managed nicely with the Glenfield Model 60 without a lot of hi dollar modifications and or pricey target grade ammo.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 06-13-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Why don't we continue the discussion of firearms in the weapons thread. Appreciate it guys.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Camouflaged ...I think the firearms discussion is going on today in Washington DC and soon to be followed in other places around the country...and by and with "The Usual Suspects" trying to throw their dragnet over others not even involved in these incidents.

Trying to keep my ears and nose to the ground....with your OP here in mind.

Gotta shove off now ....

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Looks to me like it kicked off, maybe just on a small scale in DC. Haven't caught much info on the SF UPS shooting. maybe more of the same?
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I wouldn't doubt it. They are nucking futs. They want this. I'm wondering if they will all out declare war or pick people off on a small scale to prevent a declaration on Martial Law from being emplmented.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Small scale to start with, till more and more work up the courage.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

the fire is burning though, we will see
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

Quote Originally Posted by count glockula View Post
    Don't nobody get into a braw untill I get home Wednesday...lol
    We get no news about the USA here.
    Uh, calm down, Glockula. While youthful exuberance is good, it can sometimes get you into more trouble than you bargained for. You seem to have a itch that can't be scratched. That's dangerous.

Oh don't pick on Chockula, he's like 10 years old. Lol But I'd still take him on my fire team. He shoots better than his Dad!! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!