Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Others thoughts on this

15 days of darkness in November ? NW Ohio already has the gloomy days going on by then. This will just get the S.A.D. sufferers started early this year. It surprises me that they say the temps will be up 6-8 degrees, rather than the opposite from not having the sun shining brightly !

I am not much of a daywalker with which to begin. It is not going to bother me but so much. Worked graveyard shift for over 20 years. Want to go back to graveyard shift.

However....what will bother me is the kind of two legged wildlife run amok who are daywalkers and or cannot handle such as that..if it indeed happens.

I just don't care for two legged wildlife..no matter where I am ...I'm just not the social butterfly type.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    15 days of darkness in November ? NW Ohio already has the gloomy days going on by then. This will just get the S.A.D. sufferers started early this year. It surprises me that they say the temps will be up 6-8 degrees, rather than the opposite from not having the sun shining brightly !
    A dark blue flame is hotter than a red/orange flame. At least I think that's how it is.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

That whole article reads like BS from the start.

As a note, Snopes has been wrong at times.
    I didnt read what they said about, wasn't no need to.

Snopes is BS period!! Their reports are written in a manner to support their bias agenda....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    A dark blue flame is hotter than a red/orange flame. At least I think that's how it is.
    I think Leslie Nielsen explained it:

Look now!
    Red-hot.
    Soon it'll be white-hot.
    Then it'll soften and melt.

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_s...pt-leslie.html

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Snopes is BS period!! Their reports are written in a manner to support their bias agenda....
    II think you are right, they are part of the New York Slimes

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/hank/081127

The whole premise of the article is a large amount of gas coming from Jupiter (right?). Well, the entire planet would have to be made out of hydrogen gas in order to have any effect on the sun because it is what, thousands of times bigger than Jupiter? And even then, all of that hydrogen being burned by the sun would be like the sun lighting a fart on fire. It would flare up for a second and then be gone.

Don't need snopes to tell it ain't gonna happen.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post

I think you are right, they are part of the New York Slimes
    Theyve been caught many times with the WRONG truth! Lol The last one I can remember was them blasting out a comment quickly after the reporting of Demotards staying seated as a standing ovation was occurring for the wife and a dead soldier being praised by President Trump! They immediately shot it down until WhiteHouse press pics showed it factually happened!! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Screw snopes! Plain and simple. It's another internet ready bias BS site.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Information in the article is so profoundly wrong it is jaw-dropping.

If you stand in a certain spot, you can say the empire state building and the eifel tower are within 1 degree of each other. And yet, they are still thousands of miles apart. Degrees is not a measure of distance.

Venus is closer to the sun than the earth ( about .75 AU) and never, ever gets further away from the sun than the earth (which is 1 AU - Astronomical Unit or 93 million miles). Jupiter is many times further from the sun than earth (over 5 AU) and never, ever gets closer to the sun than the earth. Venus and Jupiter will never be anywhere near each other in terms of physical distance, by about 4.5 AU or roughly half a billion miles. Let alone close enough for mutual gravitation to have any atmospheric effect on either of them, or the sun.

Distances Between Planets
    https://theplanets.org/distances-between-planets/

The sun, even if it somehow switched magnetic poles or experienced a flare, would not go "dark" or anything remotely akin to it.

I don't discount that there could someday, some way, be circumstances that cause darkness or a diminution of light reaching earth's surface... mass volcanic eruptions or a major asteroid strike could do that, as could widespread fires. And for what it's worth, I'm enough in the tin-foil camp to admit I think it's a slim possibility that a "brown dwarf" companion star to our own sun that has gone undetected or has been suppressed, may exist. It might be possible for such an object to eclipse the sun at some point for a time... 3 days would be a long shot but who knows, it depends on how things line up.

So I'm 99% against and 1% for a period of dimness or darkness being somewhere in our future... but not remotely for the causes this article describes. This is some of the worst junk science I've ever seen. When I was in school the average 5th or 6th grader who actually paid attention in class could have debunked this. It's pretty sad that someone wasted keystrokes writing it. There's no way this came out of NASA.

In the above analysis, if anything, I am being too generous. Didn't need Snopes to check it. It's like saying the moon is going to be swarmed with bullfrogs, who will eat all the green cheese and throw off the tides on earth. It's so ridiculous it boggles the mind that someone could say it with a straight face.
    Last edited by bruss01; 06-06-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.