Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zucchini Tart Scarpaccia

Default Zucchini Tart Scarpaccia

Has anyone ever made this with their excess eggs and Zucchini! Oh man is it the best, breakfast, lunch and dinner and after its made, you can freeze the squares and heat them up later for a quick meal or side dish.

Here's the recipe.

Italian Zucchini Tart Scarpaccia

Ingredients
    3 small, firm zucchini
    Salt
    1 onion, sliced on a mandoline
    4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
    2 tablespoons thyme
    1 teaspoon chili flakes
    2/3 cup all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons sugar
    6 eggs
    2/3 cup milk
    1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
    EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
    Parchment paper

Prep.

Using a mandoline or wide-blade box grater, shred the zucchini lengthwise into ribbons. Place ribbons on kitchen towels and salt the zucchini. Let drain 30 minutes then pat dry.

Line a 10x14-inch baking sheet with parchment paper, letting the edges hang over a couple of inches on each side. Scatter the zucchini on the baking sheet and toss with sliced onion and garlic. Arrange in even but not-too-organized layer and sprinkle with chili flakes.

Combine flour, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a mixing bowl.

In another large mixing bowl, whisk up eggs, milk and cheese. Whisk the dry ingredients into the eggs and pour batter evenly over the zucchini all the way to the edges of the pan. Drizzle tart with a little EVOO and bake 20-30 minutes until golden and puffed.

Cool and cut into 8 large squares.

Last edited by Camouflaged; 05-30-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

Looks delish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

It is. I made it today. We just had some with dinner.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Dang it, Mandolins should be banned as an excessively dangerous kitchen tool. I can just look at one and start bleeding. Other than that sounds good.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I hear ya. First time I used one, I took the end on my thumb off. Now I use the pusher like you're suppose to.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Dang it, Mandolins should be banned as an excessively dangerous kitchen tool. I can just look at one and start bleeding. Other than that sounds good.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Awe, man! I just gained two pounds just looking at the picture! That looks so good if you set a bowl of it on top of your head, your tongue would knock your brains out trying to get at it!

you can work it off. LOL
    IT SURE WAS DELICIOUS!

So, I'm trying this tonight and I'm horrible at following directions. It smells amazing and is looking pretty good. Pictures soon!

Cammie, I only used your recipe as a guideline......it didn't start out that way but I added some sugar cured ham and tomatoes and used shredded Colby and cheddar cheese......it's what I had. Please don't fuss too much lol.

Only thing now is the taste test..........
    Attached Images Attached Images