Thread: 12v Air Compressor

Default 12v Air Compressor

Just ordered a 'hotdog' single tank 12v air compressor from Northern Tool. Can't wait to get it.

Joe - NY

My brother has a couple of good, high quality and high flow 12 volt pumps that he had on his low rider. One day I'll get one from him and get rid of my large 10 gallon tank 120 volt compressor.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

How much was it Jo? I need 1 or 2 myself. I'm trying to stay with as small as I can get size wise with them.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    How much was it Jo? I need 1 or 2 myself. I'm trying to stay with as small as I can get size wise with them.
    $224 on sale + free shipping. One of the things I liked about it was the weight, only 33 lbs. Not bad. Some of these 'small' compressors can be fairly heavy and cumbersome.

Joe - NY

I'm looking at air horns for my scooter, and one place says that the compressor and tank fit behind the stock horn cover, so would be very small.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    $224 on sale + free shipping. One of the things I liked about it was the weight, only 33 lbs. Not bad. Some of these 'small' compressors can be fairly heavy and cumbersome.

Joe - NY
    That's a ridiculous price for an air compressor! It must definitely not be what I had in mind when you said 12v
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    That's a ridiculous price for an air compressor! It must definitely not be what I had in mind when you said 12v
    I've seen them as high as $800!!!!! I'll post a link when I have a bit more time.

Joe - NY

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    I'm looking at air horns for my scooter, and one place says that the compressor and tank fit behind the stock horn cover, so would be very small.
    I went to harbor freight and bout their dual air horn kit. After you glue the horns to the mechanism to prevent them from falling off they worked really good and were reliable. Not to mention, they don't pull much current. Most air compressors that can build up 100+ psi are going to pull a lot of amps, too much for the small electrical system that scooters have.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Thinking to get the EPauto 12v 100PSI compressor https://goo.gl/Y0ObHt $35.87
    Reviews seem to be pretty good, over 1 thousand with 4.5 stars

The air horn kits are amazing on a motorcycle. Absolutely amazing.