Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spinach,beans,strawberries,blackberries are flooding my gardens!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    No no no no and NO! That ruins them. They are so sweet and natural and juicy on their own. They need no help from additives. We ate several last night after dinner. Heavenly delicious all by themselves!
    Cream. I like them fresh with cream.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I like blueberries and cream but I love strawberries all by themselves. Same with blackberries, unless it's jelly.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I picked some squash today as long as my arm and about 2" in diameter all the way to the stem. I cut one up to grill for dinner and it was fantastic! Picked several like that out of the east side back garden. There's a butt load of them back there. Time to make Zucchini bread for freezing!
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I planted more seed last night as several didn't come up. we're going from 50 to 90 our temperatures are all over the place. Even some of my sweet peas didn't come up (the ones that have are about 10 inches tall) but when I was digging around to plant new seeds there were a few existing seed under the top of the soil that were starting to sprout. Maybe I'm being a little impatient.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I've done that before and ended up having to thin them out. Sometime being patience is hard. Especially when winter is long and unpredictable. You should start saving milk jugs and place them over the seeds you plant and let the fill up the jugs before removing them. That'll give you a huge jump on Spring.

I bet I have over 100 jugs laying in my shop. That's a great idea for some of my cooler crops like the peas and cabbage, thank you!

You're welcome!

I use mine for everything I plant early, just incase winter desides to come back to visit a few more days.

I just came in from picking 70 pounds of bush green beans. Damn it's humid out there! I was drowning in my own sweat!
    I laid a couple of feed bags side by side in the rows and scooted down the rows on my butt to pick em. Bending over to pick is out of the question.

I can't even imagine trying to put away that many. You awe me !

I share a lot of it, "after" I put away what we need to get us through to the next harvest. It's a lot of work but it's work I really enjoy doing.
    I'm home all day. I'd go nuts if I sat idle day after day, doing my nails, talking on the phone which I hate with a passion, or watching stupidvision. I truly love this kind of busy work!