Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hickory Cane Corn

Flock, got some stalks now pushing 12 feet, gonna get a pic soon if I can get the wife or daughter to cooperate. Got 2 ears on most stalks, but mostly one big ear and one small. No matter, the big ears are BIG. Not mature yet, I'm drooling thinking about sinking my teeth into it. Thanks Again !!!
    Garden is doing good, better than last year, got lots of nice maters, cucumbers, green beans, cabbage, onions, doing a lot of canning. Corn beans are looking good, be canning them before long.

Put away a lot more food in the past week. Canned more corn and maters . Also canned some taters. Picking cornbeans now. May have enough to can next week. Trapped a skunk in the garden last night. Probably after the corn .

We ate several ears fresh the remainder is drying on the stalk for feed and seed. I loved the taste!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Finally got to eat some the other day Flock . Awesome !! Can't thank you enough. I'm gonna eat a few more ears and save the rest for seed. Already got a request from the UPS guy to save him some seed. Thanks again !!

You're very welcome!

I know I asked you this before but my memory sucks............. how did the cornbeans turn out ?

I planted them between every stalk of corn, they didn't do very well only one climbed a stalk. Something was keeping the leaves eaten off. I'm planting more in the spring in my regular garden, I have plenty left over. I'll let you know !