Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hickory Cane Corn

Default Hickory Cane Corn

Last night at the auction I scored a couple of pounds of hickory cane corn. http://www.southernexposure.com/hick...lb-p-1892.html I would like to share some with y'all. Just message me an address and I'll mail it out, my only stipulation is that you'll use it and not waste it. I'm going to try corn again this year so I will only keep enough for a couple of plantings. I have a limited supply so first come first served.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Bambam, I'll mail it out in the morning! It should be just about the right time for you.

Nobody else wants free heirloom corn seed?

I would love to have some. sending pm. Thanks!
    Vox Populi!

Have had zero luck with corn here in my little home garden. I will try to get the ranch garden going next year, the timing was all wrong this year. Corn is about ready to harvest here. A little late.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Same here. Almost ready to harvest. Way too late to plant or I would have jumped on the offer. That's why I didn't speak up. If you have any early next year, I'd love some seeds. 😜
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

My corn is up 6 or 8 inches. Did anyone else have a chance to get theirs planted?

Flock, the corn you sent to me is up. About 2 inches . I got about 50 % germination rate, due to the weather I'm sure. We've had 17 days of rain out of 18 days, I'm sure some of it rotted, but what is up is looking good. I sure do thank you. I can't wait to try it, but I'll probably save most of it for seed next year.

Did you get the cornbean seed I sent ?

That's great! Can't wait to see some pics. I'm harvesting my corn already that I planted in Feb. Texas sweet corn.
    Next year, if we are all still on the Internet (eh hem) I'd like to try some of yours.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I still have plenty. Monday evening I'm going to put in two more rows, Lord willing. Pm me where you want it sent to and I will mail you some!

Flock , I lied to you ( not intentionally ) , I checked the garden today and a lot more corn is up. Looks like over 80 % germination, maybe close 90 % . My cornbeans are up also, I planted 2015 seed , and it appears I got at least 90% germination. The cornbean seed I sent you is 2016 , so it should do good also. Did you get it yet ?