Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne " The Rock" wants to, and is considering a run for President..

Let's pass the bong around and re discuss
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    To be fair, OT (and A LOT of people had your reaction) Reagan had been more than an actor; he'd been Governor of California which gave him executive experience, as well as president of SAG which must imbue some leadership experience, albeit not amazingly significant in the international world of political intrigue. He'd also done considerable writing on political philosophy, and despite some people regarding him as an "amiable dunce," was really pretty smart.

Having said that, regarding standards for POTUS......

Just WHAT would THOSE be?

Good point TommyGun..

However ...my standards do not matter...but I had been formulating the concept that the requirements for the office are not as high as most of us think...since back with Jimmy Carter.

A number of Presidents have confirmed this big time for me historically since Jimmy Carter.....William Jefferson Clinton, Barrack Obama...Lyndon Johnson....Gerald Ford...and so on...even Both Bush's.

But the standards for office are set within the Constitution of the United States.

My view point about standards for the office comes from the historical perspective of pieces of information about what happened in the tenures in office of these Presidents.

Remember I keep making a point in many of my posts about people having primarily a television and movie education....now think about what caliber of people who seem to be migrating for the office today.

I can apply this about standards to the voter as well...but it becomes obvious to me about the candidates. There seems to be sort of a sick symbiotic relationship there between the voter..the candidates and television and movies today.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Nobody's gonna vote for a stranger............. unless he's a gay black man.......
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Nobody's gonna vote for a stranger............. unless he's a gay black man.......

Wow!!!! Very well put flock6...very well put indeed!!! In the X ring...in the X ring.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Yeah, that's right. Obama came out of the woodwork. No one knew who he was until he ran.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

LOL LOL LOL Camouflaged.....LOL..

I was trying to demonstrate a modicum of discretion. I see you felt no such compunction.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Me? LOL NEVER! Call it like you see it...
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I can see it now, what "The Rock" would say to the likes of North Korea and Iran: "I'll bring the whuppin, you just bring the candy ass I'm gonna put it on!" Yeah, ego seems ego be a big thing with politicians these days, ego and deception.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post

You know flock6....thinking about this in your post.....and doing a uber Hollywood/entertainment progression line...in marketing skills/the dumbing down of American and Americans....

Is one of the next Presidential candidates going to be a black transgendered Hollywood Liberace type???

Inquiring minds want to know,

Orangetom

Still not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 05-14-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    You know flock6....thinking about this in your post.....and doing a uber Hollywood/entertainment progression line...in marketing skills/the dumbing down of American and Americans....

Is one of the next Presidential candidates going to be a black transgendered Hollywood Liberace type???

Inquiring minds want to know,

Orangetom

Still not an Ishmaelite.
    Oh, Lord, OT! Just the thought of such gives me the dry heaves! Gut-wrenching!"