Thread: Knives on Drone Blades

Default Knives on Drone Blades

About two months I read an article about custom knives being available for purchase to mount on drone blades.

The article said to use the modified drone at Trump rallies.

The web site selling the knives has since been taken down at the time of the article posted or
    rather a reseller along the lines of ebay had it up and took the seller off line.

Does anyone remember seeing it?
    Can't seem to find it.

Found out a little bit more about it : "Antifa in Berkeley"
    Still have not found the article about drones.

one site did say that :

'ANTIFA Leftist Group Is Selling Concealed Knives On Their Website For Slicing Conservatives
    Following the recent violent mobilization of Antifa in Berkeley, the domestic terror organization has begun to embrace violence as part of its message.
    There is a visible evil to the entity and sadly it is comprised of young Americans who have adopted a violent, Marxist mentality.
    They are now selling small, concealed knives and are actively promoting violence in an effort to fight perceived “fascism”.'
    Last edited by Nicor; 05-05-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Like any propellers the ones on a drone have to be in near perfect balance and correct pitch to work. No way you could put knife blades on a drone and it would fly.

Great
    More bull**** to ruin the hobby for the rest of us.
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

If the knives were weighted and engineered properly for a certin blade size it is plausible . Just taping a razorblade to a blade is gonna make it do funky things

The way ad was worded and images shown, the drone did fly with the knives mounted to the blades.
    it really looked like the drone props had been machined to hold the blades.

Like any propellers the ones on a drone have to be in near perfect balance and correct pitch to work. No way you could put knife blades on a drone and it would fly.
    If the knives were weighted and engineered properly for a certin blade size it is plausible . Just taping a razorblade to a blade is gonna make it do funky things
    Yeah, I can think of several ways to attach them no problem but it'd be a lot of work for a one-shot waste of a drone with minimal (though painful) damage. I can also think of much better ways to weaponize them, but I enjoy the hobby so I'm not posting that all over the internet.

This is who is doing it. they are even marketing knives to go after trump supporters.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ence/22067671/

Carbon Fiber blades will cut you up...... still a very poor choice of weapon. You'd cut one person (probably their hands) and then your drone would be done.

The FAA did a test study and found drones MUCH safer to the general public than anticipated, http://www.assureuas.org/projects/de...Evaluation.pdf

This is straight from the report

The ASSURE research demonstrated that a DJI Phantom 3 drone falling on someone’s head has a 0.03 per cent chance of causing a head injury. But if blocks or wood or steel weighing the same amount were dropped from the same height, the risk of head injury is 99 per cent. The research shows that a DJI Phantom 3 transfers much less energy due to its aerodynamic and structural properties.

There are MUCH better ways to weaponize a drone than to go freddy krueger.
    Last edited by Tdale; 05-05-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.