Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two people complained and voila! Seriously stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
    Why push it away with a reverse tractor beam when you can vaporize it with a laser hehehe
    Hey Creepy Creep McCreep, you could mount that laser to your quadcopter! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Not just in Canada. Two professorors from Galaudet U complained that an online audio library of 20,000 items wasn't all accessible to the deaf (there were 550 or so items not captioned) and the department of no education made them take it all down.

Fortunately, a non-profit LBRY (and hence not subject to government dictat) has saved the works.

You can join them at https://lbry.io/get?r=oroFL They will have other content, as well.
    Good medicine in bad places

OT, if you view the intertainment industry with that mindset, you may as well throw out your TV, cancel your Netflix and trash all your movie DVD's etc... Because every movie on the market has some political agenda tied into it.
    Do you remember when Avatar came out? The suicide rate went way up. Idiots couldn't differ reality from fiction.
    What ever inuendo a movie might dictate, it's up to the individual watching it to view it as intertainment because that's ALL it is. Holywood doesn't have a clue. They just make **** up like all liberals do. They live out their own wicked fantasies and display them while getting paid to influence the masses through a vehicle of intertainment. The mass idiots will buy into the propaganda but you have to be smarter than that.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    I gave up on Star Trek years ago when I realized that the "United Federation of Planets" is illustrative of "The New World Order" on a Universe Scale.

Also when I recognized "New Age" patterns in their programming.

That cured me of Star Trek, Star Gate, Babylon Baloney and whatever else they were selling via the media.

One night between the on hour turnover time of 2nd and 3rd shift..I was sitting around with a bunch of guys from both shifts and back then the conversation was around the Hubble Telescope which had been put into space at such tremendous cost.

One of the guys asked why one would bother putting up such an expensive telescope to look into deep space when there was no such propulsion system to get there in ones lifetime. It did not make sense for such a great expense.

And one of the other fellows reacted with shock...."Oh My God!!!!....They are not looking into deep space..they are looking down here on earth...day and night. They get us to believe the phony line because they feed us Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Babylon Baloney and whatever fanciful pablum they need to get away with fooling most people...most of the time....ala....Jonathan Gruber. They have always intended to look down here and control down here. Even NASA admits this.

That event...that night...further insulated me from much of Si Fi programming. It makes for good entertainment..but be careful what they are selling you.

Now ...you want a job in outer space....do the work necessary to get up there and then get the various countries to pay you to pick up their environmental Space junk floating around out there. What a travel hazard up there....and getting worse. Countries are turning it into an outer space junk pile...a potential environmental collision disaster waiting to happen. Space salvage. Now there is something for these Green Boneheads about which to complain....expanding their horizons.

But my guess is that certain nations do not want outsiders ..or to put it another way...non insiders/ Julian Assanges knowing what they have floating around up there in outer space.

As far as I am concerned Star Trek is a very appealing and seductive way to sell us the New World Order/One World Order....in feel goodism. It is Ishmael.

My .02,

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

I will say, first, that IMHO you're taking STAR TREK far too seriously. "New World Order?" Uh....well, no, not really.

Atleast the first series.

MAYBE a bit in the "Next Generation" version. But I sort of took the "Borg " (Gaaawwwd, I HATE that name!!!!!!!!! couldn't they have thought up something MORE ORIGINAL --- something NOT so obviously derived from the SF term "cyborg." I mean, REALLY "The Six Million Dollar Man" would be SO ashamed!!!!!!) episodes as a lesson to be learned AGAINST the idea of "collectivism." They were sorta "communistic" in their ruthless desire to expand, no matter how poorly their perspective recruits took to the idea.....

However, in a interesting novelization of the NEXT GENERATION, the author carried through with this "New Universe Order" idea in his book....until the end, a major character he'd invented for the story ripped into Picard, pointing out how "free enterprise" and "capitalism" had in fact gone underground to thwart the idea that somehow BIG GOVT. takes care of everyone, no one is greedy, so forth and so on. It was a particularly interesting take -- and a bit surprising it could get published.
    Last edited by TommyGunn; 05-01-2017 at 06:51 PM.