Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: END THESE ABUSES':Trump vows to reverse Obama national monuments 'land grab

Default END THESE ABUSES':Trump vows to reverse Obama national monuments 'land grab

I like this! I hope he can pull it off.

President Trump signs executive order telling the Interior Dept. to review predecessors’ designation of large national monuments under the Antiquities Act.

For more news, please go to FoxNews.com and watch Fox News Channel.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Except for the great parks like Yellowstone, and true monuments like mt. Rushmore all lands should go back to the states. If the states can't afford to maintain then the public should have the opportunity to purchase.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Except for the great parks like Yellowstone, and true monuments like mt. Rushmore all lands should go back to the states. If the states can't afford to maintain then the public should have the opportunity to purchase.
    and then have that land closed to public access? No...

I believe Flock was getting at a Private Corp buy the park/land and maintain/open it to the public for an entrance fee. Just like the USPS can be run more effectively by a non Gvnmnt entity and actually be run well and profit....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicor View Post
    and then have that land closed to public access? No...
    Ditto.

Joe - NY

Well (probably no surprise) I'm dead set against this

I happen to think that our public lands are one of the greatest treasures that we all share equally as Americans

I, for one, don't want to see federal lands go to the states or even worse Private ownership by giving the lands to corporations to run, it all comes down to accountability

Give the parks to a private company and "We the People" will get screwed because we can't control a company....we can vote in new congressman and senators, keeping the federal lands in control of the federal government gives us a way to hold people accountable and keeps us in control of the federal lands

I'll fight as hard as I can to see this proposal defeated, thanks for posting, I'm drafting letters to mail out tomorrow
    Last edited by Tdale; 04-26-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Yeah we'll just let our Gvnmnt stop funding them like they have been. Let the parks beauty be shattered due to lack of Maint etc. Yeah the Park svc is doing such a stellar job with barely to no budget....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Yeah we'll just let our Gvnmnt stop funding them like they have been. Let the parks beauty be shattered due to lack of Maint etc. Yeah the Park svc is doing such a stellar job with barely to no budget....
    1st a question, Do you want United Airlines in charge of our national parks?

If there is a funding problem then I'd humbly suggest fixing the problem by giving them a bigger budget, not by scrapping the national parks and monuments

This is one thing that should be easy to fund as it's for the benefit of all Americans, and we all have equal access, rich, poor, old, young, black, white, everyone has equal access

Finding money for the national parks should be easy, We are currently giving billions to foreign countries who hate us.....take the money from them and give it to the national parks and monuments
    Last edited by Tdale; 04-26-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Parks should not be able to be politicized. At least private land is accessible if you pay for the right. Much like a club or other entertainment. I'm all for feds getting out of the public land business, because they are incapable of not politicizing it.

I'm hoping now that if guv shuts down, we close wic, welfare, and public housing.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

GO TRUMP GO! This is one of the things he's doing that surprises me -- but in a GOOD WAY!