Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RARE BRIEFING: Entire Senate called to WH for North Korea update

Default RARE BRIEFING: Entire Senate called to WH for North Korea update

Entire US Senate has been invited to the White House for a briefing Wednesday on the North Korea situation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...n-leaders.html
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

Here we go...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

Yeah.. Here we go indeed!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Well crap... and my mobile BOL is down for repairs. Hope they can hold off on any big scary red buttons for a few weeks. It'll take me a while to get the old girl put back together. Can't say we didn't know it was coming eventually but man the timing sucks!
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

The last time this happened was when Bush asked for authorization to go into Iraq.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    The last time this happened was when Bush asked for authorization to go into Iraq.
    That's what I was thinking. Hopefully, this is a move by Trump to get China to put pressure on NK, and not a move toward an actual all-out attack.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

What I heard was China telling DT, if he plans to attack, he needs to get the UN to agree, one negative vote from China prevents that.

Back to the political games and who knows what. Asians place lot of importance on face.......

Well, late Sunday night Trump had an emergency phone meeting with the prime minister of China and Japan. Then, if I remember correctly, the Secretary of State called an emergency meeting with the U.N. Security Counsel. Now we get word of the meeting at the White House with the Senate.

Put two and two together and you have some serious stuff coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    What I heard was China telling DT, if he plans to attack, he needs to get the UN to agree, one negative vote from China prevents that.

Back to the political games and who knows what. Asians place lot of importance on face.......
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Trump will base his actions on approval from China or the U.N. All Trump needs for war is approval of the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Trump will base his actions on approval from China or the U.N. All Trump needs for war is approval of the Senate.
    I agree, and now North Korea is holding 3 Americans hostage.