Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russia claims it can wipe out US Navy with single 'electronic bomb'

Default Russia claims it can wipe out US Navy with single 'electronic bomb'

This whole freaking back n forth is getting ridiculous.

Three different articles on where the USA navy ships are headed and they don't agree.

Now we have Russia added (been in it) to the fray.

"Russia has claimed it can disable the entire US Navy in one fell swoop using powerful electronic signal jamming.
    A news report from the country where the media is essentially controlled by the state said the technology could render planes, ships and missiles useless."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04...b.html?ref=yfp

Ok, so the article is from Russia state controlled media.
    As much as we on this forum have discussed EMP weapons, I have no doubt that Russia is able to.

Things seem to be spiraling out of control... all part of someone's plan I'm sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

Like two roosters in a closed coop. See who can strut their stuff the most fearful to intimidate the Apponant.
    Personally, I think if you have such means, you wouldn't display it until you're gonna use it and I don't believe Russia wants to use it. If Russia had it, they wouldn't announce it. They'd just use it.. SURPRISE!

I also think NK is all puff and no powder. That's why they have these grandiose parade displays so frequently. Reminds me of one of the Indiana Jones movies where this Ninja starts displaying his MA moves and Jones pulls out a side arm and plugs him.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

they do have some massive nukes.

I have no doubts that Russia is a Very powerful and deadly opponent. I also believe the USA is a Very powerful and deadly opponent. Those two facts have kept these two opponents from fighting each other for over 50 years. During that whole time everyone in the world knew that at any minute these two opponents could go at it. It is still that way. If it ever happens it will lead to TEOTWAWKI for every human in the civilized world.

The Russkies bluff. They beat their chests. They drink much potato vodka. They drive around in their Zil Limosines. They drive them drunk. And off-road.
    Russian Bear has paper claws.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    The Russkies bluff. They beat their chests. They drink much potato vodka. They drive around in their Zil Limosines. They drive them drunk. And off-road.
    Russian Bear has paper claws.
    And what happens if you underestimate your opposition?
    We already have with ISIS.

Destroying that underground and the latest news on taking out some of the leaders of ISIS, I don't believe that has set them back that much.
    Always someone to come in and take their place.

Nicor, the Russian military has been severely degraded since the height of the Cold War. Putin has been trying to rebuild it.
    As of now it is really no match for us .... but that is changing to be certain. When Obama cut the F-22 Raptor program back to @187 planes I cringed .... The F-35 program is Waaaaaaay overprice and the plane has problems and too many variants. For some reason the Russians seem to fear it.
    The Russians have some models of Sukhoi and MiG fighter jets that are superior to our air superiority fighters. The F-15 Eagle is an aging platform (atleast one has literally fallen apart in midair) and the F-16 is almost as old. The Navy F-18 Hornets are 1980s tech; in a one-to-one match against the Sukhoi they lose.
    But it remains a numbers gain. Despite Obama we have the numbers, they don't -- plus better logistic ability to get us where needed.
    A real blow-up between Russia and America would be, indeed, a nasty thing. They do have nukes and would probably be more inclined to use them since they are (1.) more likely to find themselves on the losing side and (2.) basically, just plain more ruthless than Americans are used to being.
    I don't think I'm under-estimating the Russkies at all.
    They aren't stupid though. In the 1980s a Scandinavian country launched an aerospace missile (launching a satellite or some harmless test ...) and initially the Soviets reacted as if a nuclear strike had launched. The Premier nixed a reaction because he smartly realized that no country especially America would initiate a nuclear strike by launching just one missile. I live through the Cuban Missile Crisis. They rattle a lot of swords .... and jokes about imbibing too much potato vodka while driving their Zils and Gaz Volgas aside .... they do not wish for war any more than we do.

TommyGunn,

Your right with Russia on both those points.
    I really don't know about the aircraft situation.

One report I read from 2014 was Russia had a few more nuke warheads than the USA.
    USA did have more ready to launch.

As hiwall stated : "If it ever happens it will lead to TEOTWAWKI for every human in the civilized world."
    Just because of their thought that "we're losing launch them all"

If Russia and the US launch all their nukes, the planet is finished period. And both sides know that....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!