Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Nightmare... What Was It?

Default Your Nightmare... What Was It?

Awakened in the wee hours last night with a bad dream.

The wife and I were in a very basic home shelter and had a radio on. Somehow we knew the chanel to tune and the time of the broadcast... there was a blaring tone of some kind (the sort used to activate "auto on" radios) and then a garbled voice advising us to expect an announcement via Conelrad (wow that's vintage eh?)... i tuned the radio better as the wife and I looked at each other's faces... both wearing expressions of stunned disbelief. A second voice came on, a deep reassuring voice (announcer) and i think the fake soothing tone was more upsetting than if they had been screaming "it's ON. Run for your lives!" Instead it started "America has always faced challenges and threats, but today we find ourselves..." and we knew it was the end of our country, our lives, and possibly the end of civilization. That deep sinking feeling of no hope, the bottomless elevator, took us.

That's where i woke up.

I don't have prophetic dreams so nobody get worked up oved this... or rather when i do have a foreshadowing it is about routine stuff and has a certain reverse deja vu feeling to it. None of that this time, whew. It was just so bad it woke me up a good 2 hours before the alarm and sleep fled me.

Anyone else have prep/crisis dreams? It's rare this happens to me but stands out when it does.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

My dreams are so vivid, I see full color, detail, smells...like it's actually happening. Then I quickly forget them.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Mine was probably brought on by news regarding NK uncertainties coupled with a slew of funnel cloud sightings in our area recently... tornadoes were deeply dreaded in my childhood growing up on the great plains. The tornado scene in Wizard of Oz still gives me shudders lol. I also grew up near a big town where they tested the warning sirens monthly and wondered every time if it was fer realz. Just common childhood fears (partly legit) coming out to play in dreamland.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Mine are like that too flock. In my dreams though, I can never see my own face. Weird!

My most recent dream was about two weeks ago. In my dream, I was wakened by a loud noise that shook the ground viciously followed by rapid gun fire at around 3am. I opened the back door to see the sky covered in white and black smoke and I could see fire light in the distance. I yelled for hubs to wake up and grab the fire hose. I ran outside to hook it up and started soaking our house and our immediate surrounding property. From our front porch you can see Bryan which is about 40+ miles away. It was on fire.

Overhead, we could hear but not see, there were missile like objects zooming toward the North and more explosions.
    Then everything became deathly quiet for a couple of minutes. We turned off all the flood and security light and turned on the infrares and put on our gear.

They we not bombs as we suspected, but meteors. Huge ones!
    They began to strike again so we gathered the animals and immediate essentials and made our way to shelter. Hubs turned on emergency broadcast to learn we were being hit from two intities. Under a severe meteor shower, we were being attacked with Russian missles deployed by Mexican drug Cartel. We could feel the impact tremors getting closer. The entrance to our bunker is 45ft from our living quarters and we could feel and hear the 1.5ft thick steal door vibrating violently. As we made way to the safe room beneath the bunker, the entrance to the bunker took a hard hit. That's when I woke up panting really hard and mad as hell!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Mine was running out of supplies and watching my wife and daughter walk towards an internment camp as I stay behind to continue to fight. I've had this dream a couple of times and it is VERY disturbing each time.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

werewolves man..... I want the werewolf appocolypse to happen.

Mine was Clinton as President, Pelosi as VP, Feinstein as Sec of State, Sanders as Sec of the treasury, McCain as SECDEF.........then, THANK GOODNESS, I awoke.......and the bed was wringing wet with sweat and I was shaking like a dog sh*tting peach seeds! Went to get drink of bourbon and spilled more on me than in me!

Hahaha
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Do I need to go into detail?? ??