Thread: Russian Skynet

Default Russian Skynet

Looks like the Russians are also working on Skynet

Last edited by Tdale; 04-17-2017 at 08:48 AM.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Wonder if I could get one to keep my garden watered and weeded.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

The US military has been working on robotics as well. I think we're all a ways off from seeing them on the battlefield though; just imagine the cost of mass production, and I also have my doubts about these machines being able to handle battlefield conditions. We'll get there eventually though.

I would think the autonomous tracked vehicles for troop support or high threat areas aren't far away, but battlebots are probably 10 years out.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

We'll probably see some sort of wearable technology (not quite iron man) before droids
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    We'll probably see some sort of wearable technology (not quite iron man) before droids
    Yeah, I'm think that we'll be seeing exoskeleton type of technology being worn by our troops in the near future, before robots as well.

Elon musk (Tesla motors) says we are 10 years or less from being able to download to and from our brains. He's working against AI technology because he's afraid of it becoming Skynet. Google apparently is at the forefront of AI research. Go figure.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post

Perhaps a little closer to:
    Attached Images Attached Images