Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: United Airlines Debacle.....

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Pretty much but The gay couple didn't get beat up, right?
    I've refused to sell to someone after they Pd me online. I gave them a refund. She filed a lawsuit against me and I won the case. Had I beat her up, it would have been a different outcome for sure.
    Again liberal thinking

What if she refused to leave YOUR property after you refused service? I assume you'd call the cops, lets say you do that. Now assume the cops arrive and she still refuses to leave YOUR property? What happens next?
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Thats a perfect analogy there Cammie! I agree every Co. should have the rite to refuse service. But at what point is it not ok? After the meal is half eaten? Lol

Add- as far as getting forcibly taken off the plane, that is his fault only. I would have walked off and taken the $.
    What's the answer? When should a company no longer be allowed to refuse service?
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
    What's the answer? When should a company no longer be allowed to refuse service?
    If one was eating their paid for meal and sitting at the table not bothering a soul and then kicked out is hard to say. I'd leave peacefully and seek my attorney. Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    If one was eating their paid for meal and sitting at the table not bothering a soul and then kicked out is hard to say. I'd leave peacefully and seek my attorney. Lol
    I agree with you, I'd do something similar. I'd quietly leave and never return, but I wouldn't sue. Free market theory means companies can refuse services and companies that take advantage of customers go out of business, no need for the legal system to get into the mix.

It was an online sale, as you projected in the post I responded to.

As per this comment you just made as if I had a brick and mortar establishment, I wouldn't refuse service to anyone face to face. You're asking for trouble there. But see, that's MY choice. If someone came into my store causing potential danger or serious problems, I would call the police because that person is a physical threat. Otherwise, I don't care what your sexual orientation is or your religious values are etc.. I'm not in the business to judge your morals, just sell my wares.

Again liberal thinking

What if she refused to leave YOUR property after you refused service? I assume you'd call the cops, lets say you do that. Now assume the cops arrive and she still refuses to leave YOUR property? What happens next?
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Exactly, he had his ticket, checked in, had already boarded the plane and was seated ready to go.

As per your add on, so would I if my flight had not been a pressing issue. He made a choice not to give up his seat but that still doesn't give the airline the right to beat him up if he was not an immediate threat to the airline or passengers. The airline should have handle this differently. Why not just ask someone else if they'll be willing to give up their seat with a nice compensation? None of this would have made headlines.
    United did that, they offered $800 to anyone on the plane willing to give up their seats........and no-one took it. They then resorted to a "lottery" draw to determine who would get booted

IMHO they should have offered $5,000, I guarantee they would have had people take that offer and they would have avoided a PR nightmare

I wouldn't either for 800. 5k. Depends on why I need to get to my destination. When my grandson died, my daughter needed me immediately. I wouldn't have given up my seat for any amount of money had I been faced with this United situation.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Bottom line. This whole mess could have been avoid.
    First- don't over book flights. PERIOD. That's what started this whole mess in the first place.
    Second- the Dr. Could have taken the offer and flown free the next flight out and called in to have his pt schedules changed.

I'm not sure the whole story is out yet, or if it ever will be. But IMO, united knew they were overbooked and needed to hold people over, whether their employees or others. Why not do the lottery before boarding? By doing that there wouldn't have been anyone drug off the plane, he just wouldn't have been allowed to board. Whole different ball game there. As far as the LEO's go, from what I have heard and read about, they were airport personnel, not actual patrol cops. Not sure what status that gives them, but they sure could have handled that situation a whole lot better.
    My bet is the Dr already has a high priced legal eagle on retainer and they are lining up lawsuits against United, the LEO's as it were, probably the airport. Most likely others as well. Barring something substantial coming out that hasn't been released, he will soon have a pile o money before long.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I agree with you, I'd do something similar. I'd quietly leave and never return, but I wouldn't sue. Free market theory means companies can refuse services and companies that take advantage of customers go out of business, no need for the legal system to get into the mix.
    Nope, they'd get Sued for discriminating me being a Male, White, Heterosexual, Good looking and down right Awesome! Oh yeah I lost sleep, it was a painful horrific ordeal I'll never forget!! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!