Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 80

Thread: United Airlines Debacle.....

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Sure, but not by beating the Shlt out of someone and dragging them out by their damn feet!
    That's liberal tactics. Not conservative tactics.
    That's another interesting point of view....and IMHO a very liberal one

    He was asked to leave the plane and refused, he was then given a direct lawful ORDER to leave the airplane by Law Enforcement.....he refused so he was physically removed....BY LAW ENFORCEMENT.....not united

    So you seem to be blaming Law Enforcement for resorting to physical removal when the subject refused to move on his own accord....IMHO this is worse than liberal thinking

    Let's say I'm on YOUR property and refuse to leave, what will the outcome be?
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    They didn't KNOW he had a past when they did that to him, and besides, his past has nothing to do with this particular incident. That's no excuse. It could have been you, or me or anyone else without a past. That was not the reason they beat him up and dragged him out.
    I don't know. I wasn't there and don't know all the facts immediately prior to the "incident". I kind of look at it sort or like all the black folks getting shot by those mean ole white cops...all the "evidence" was some "witness's" smart phone recording, and that having taken place IN THE MIDDLEOF THE INCIDENT and no recordings of what took place that led up to it. Unless you were there and personally witnessed it, and know for certain there was no other reason, I think y'all are passing judgement WAY too quickly. Again, wonderful, honest news reporting of some poor fellow being unduly harassed by "the man".
    Last edited by beowulf; 04-13-2017 at 01:15 PM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,197

    Default

    The basic question remains

    Should a company have the absolute right to refuse service? If so why not United?
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

  4. #14

    Default

    If he seamed to be a threat to the aircraft and passengers, then by all means, take him out the best way possible, but from all acct's so far, he was just refusing to remove himself.
    And T, the law enforcement officers were employees of United, or that is what has been reported so far..

    I'm not a damn liberal so you can stop using that term to describe my opinions or what I deem to be common sense.

    What ticks me off most is the practice to deliberately overbook to insure a full passenger payload. Albeit, in the event of an overbooking, why remove passengers to seat employees when the airlines have other planes to shuttle employees to and fro.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

  5. #15

    Default

    Absolutely a business should have that right! They shouldn't have sold him the ticket and allowed him to board the plane.

    That's like going to a restaurant, ordering a meal, you start to eat and the employee comes over and yanks the plate from your table because someone else wants that meal. Uh huh.. Sure..

    Quote Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
    The basic question remains

    Should a company have the absolute right to refuse service? If so why not United?
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Absolutely a business should have that right! They shouldn't have sold him the ticket and allowed him to board the plane.

    That's like going to a restaurant, ordering a meal, you start to eat and the employee comes over and yanks the plate from your table because someone else wants that meal. Uh huh.. Sure..
    So would that be like ordering a wedding cake, paying for it online, and then arriving to pick it up only to be refused service because you are gay?

    Seems your line of thought would support gays suing christian bakers when they are refused service
    Last edited by Tdale; 04-13-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    If he seamed to be a threat to the aircraft and passengers, then by all means, take him out the best way possible, but from all acct's so far, he was just refusing to remove himself.
    And T, the law enforcement officers were employees of United, or that is what has been reported so far..

    I'm not a damn liberal so you can stop using that term to describe my opinions or what I deem to be common sense.

    What ticks me off most is the practice to deliberately overbook to insure a full passenger payload. Albeit, in the event of an overbooking, why remove passengers to seat employees when the airlines have other planes to shuttle employees to and fro.
    "If" United has the right to refuse service the rest of this story is moot

    Once United exercised their right to refuse service they became the victim when the passenger illegally refused to leave their plane, anything after that was the fault of the guy refusing to leave

    If United did not have the right to refuse service then your line of thinking makes sense

    And by the way, Law Enforcement Officers are Law Enforcement Officers 24/7 (even when working 3rd party jobs) you still have to obey they lawful orders or you will be breaking the law
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    6,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Absolutely a business should have that right! They shouldn't have sold him the ticket and allowed him to board the plane.

    That's like going to a restaurant, ordering a meal, you start to eat and the employee comes over and yanks the plate from your table because someone else wants that meal. Uh huh.. Sure..
    Thats a perfect analogy there Cammie! I agree every Co. should have the rite to refuse service. But at what point is it not ok? After the meal is half eaten? Lol

    Add- as far as getting forcibly taken off the plane, that is his fault only. I would have walked off and taken the $.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

  9. #19

    Default

    Pretty much but The gay couple didn't get beat up, right?
    I've refused to sell to someone after they Pd me online. I gave them a refund. She filed a lawsuit against me and I won the case. Had I beat her up, it would have been a different outcome for sure.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

  10. #20

    Default

    Exactly, he had his ticket, checked in, had already boarded the plane and was seated ready to go.

    As per your add on, so would I if my flight had not been a pressing issue. He made a choice not to give up his seat but that still doesn't give the airline the right to beat him up if he was not an immediate threat to the airline or passengers. The airline should have handle this differently. Why not just ask someone else if they'll be willing to give up their seat with a nice compensation? None of this would have made headlines.

    Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Thats a perfect analogy there Cammie! I agree every Co. should have the rite to refuse service. But at what point is it not ok? After the meal is half eaten? Lol

    Add- as far as getting forcibly taken off the plane, that is his fault only. I would have walked off and taken the $.
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 04-13-2017 at 01:55 PM.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •