Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Arkansas is set to execute 7 people in 11 days

Quote Originally Posted by finris View Post
    I know one of those who does the work at the executions at Big Mc in Oklahoma. I know the drugs and so forth. This is to all those who keep this "Botched execution" statement......????? Did he die????? YES!!!! So if the goal is for them to die and they do how is it a "botched execution"????
    This is another thing that makes my blood boil; liberals are worried about them suffering or struggling. It's a freaking execution, it's not suppose to tickle!

I don't understand what the big deal is with lethal injections. I was in the vet's office a couple years ago when an elderly lady brought in a dog to be euthanized. Can't remember the reason but she was upset and I helped her get him into the office and stayed to help the vet after she left. He gave the dog a single shot and he just closed his eyes and died. Wish I would have asked what drug he used but I couldn't believe it was so simple and quick.

Maybe they ought to take the bastards to the vet and let them do it.

Well, it looks like Arkansas carried out one of the executions.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/21...ince-2005.html

Ledell Lee's execution was the first in the state since 2005. He was pronounced dead at 11:56 p.m. Thursday, four minutes before his death warrant was due to expire.

Media witnesses to the execution said Lee lost consciousness quickly. They entered the death chamber at 11:40 p.m. CDT and the curtains were drawn back four minutes later, as the first drug (midazolam) entered his body. The entire process took 12 minutes.

Lee, 51, was put on death row for the 1993 death of his neighbor Debra Reese, whom Lee struck 36 times with a tire tool her husband had given her for protection. Lee was arrested less than an hour after the killing after spending some of the $300 he had stolen from Reese.

The state originally set four double executions over an 11-day period in April. The eight executions would have been the most by a state in such a compressed period since the U.S. Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty in 1976. The state said the executions needed to be carried out before its supply of one lethal injection drug expires on April 30. The first three executions were canceled because of court decisions.

Two more inmates are set to die Monday, and one on April 27. Another inmate scheduled for execution next week has received a stay.

Let's get er done!

Convicted and sentenced to death in 1993. It is utter BS that they are given that much more time to live!!!!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Convicted and sentenced to death in 1993. It is utter BS that they are given that much more time to live!!!!!
    That's what I was saying earlier in this thread; WTF were they waiting for? Especially for a case like that, there's nothing to dispute; he did it! It all comes down to liberal judges, lawyers, politicians, and activists.