Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck and or prayers. ( court yesterday )

Default Wish me luck and or prayers. ( court yesterday )

I went to court yesterday on a motion the debtor filed to change venue on a fictitious claim of probate on her property. There's a lot involved that would probably bore most of you so I won't go into the details but, we were a little concerned our judge may be getting tired of her bs and allow change of venue to take place even though her time has passed to request change of venue.
    He ruled in my favor to deny her motion. I also, in response, filed a motion for a Summary Judgment to declare her property non-homestead.
    A little background.
    I won my lawsuit back in Feb 2013. The defendant then files a request for a probate hearing in another county to declare her property a homestead In May 2013, after the judgment was signed by the judge in March 2013. The property in question is valued at over $300,000.00. Less than 1/3 the judgment awarded me. She has other property overseas and three Dutche bank accts, Germany, Switzerland and Turkey, where she is from, but it's much harder to gain access to those. After the judgment, she rented out the Condo she owns in Germany, making it extremely difficult and costly to obtain a turnover for that property.
    Being she is pulling all this mess after the judgment ruling, she has been forcing me to chase her tail to cough up the money. To make a long story shorter, I desided to go after state side property..
    Back to the hearing yesterday, the judge denied her request for change of venue because she was unable to show just cause and the law states that any court in the state of Texas can attain venue under these circumstances. Basically, she screwed herself.

Also, We weren't sure if this judge would be willing to rule on my motion for a Summary Judgment to declare her stateside property as non-exempt. Had he said he didn't want to rule on it, we would be going to trial in Sept., but since he desided to do the ruling, we are waiting to hear what his ruling will be. We are optomistic he will rule in our favor. If he does, I take possession of her non-exempt property. If he rules against our request, we appeal it based on the T. R. &C. P..
    The judge, yesterday said he wants to review the document and he will make his ruling that evening and court will contact us with the judges ruling.

I need all the prayers I can get! This has been a long time coming. I've been waiting for this ruling for 4 years!
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 03-28-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Prayers sent cammie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

Thanks Sand. She owes me nearly 2 million and I'm getting tired of her little slight of hand magic tricks to drag this mess out and trying to hide her assets. It's time to settle up.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I bet... hope this ends for you quickly... I just freaking hate the courts and all the hoops that have to hopped through on **** that is cut and dry.

Canadian border state that begins with a "M"

Good luck Cammie.
    Everything marked, everything 'membered. You wait, you'll see.

Oh man, I hear that. This has been going on for A total of 7 years. I filed the lawsuit in July 2010. It took three years to finally get it to trial. That woman started out with a lawyer and he finally withdrew from her case. She was trying to get him to perform illegal actions. He and I talked quite a bit and I showed him some actual documents he wasn't aware of and he realized she was taking him for a ride. He tried to change venue in the beginning but he also failed. After he withdrew, she figured since I was representing myself, she should do the same. Thing is, her performance had no substance. She can talk and lord can she filibuster a hearing, but the judge caught on to her pretty quick and finally stopped her from taking up so much time in each hearing with frivolous motion, all which were opinions rather than facts backed up with certified documents. She was notorious for trying to ambush me with filings she would file the day of the hearings without giving me a chance to view or respond in the legal allotted amount of time. The judge finally put a stop to that as well. She definitely has the gift to gab BS and make it sound legit. It took three years to weed through all of her shenanigans.
    We've had two judges. She would pull that crap, "my English it's not so good" and the race card and then when that failed, " I'm just a poor immigrant woman". The judges, both of them could see right through it but it took some time.

Finally, we get to the end and time for trial after the judge put his foot down, what should have taken a year or less, has stretch into three years. He desided it was time to put an end to it. She more than recieved her due process with absolutely nothing to show for it. She never produced a single document to prove her claims against me that brought us to court.

Bottom line, she continually pissed the judge off but by law, he has to allow her, her due process to keep her from having grounds to appeal.
    The jury was a 12 panel jury. It took them 1 hour to deliberate and come back with a unanimous verdict and they literally tripled what I was asking for in my relief. Afterward, I got to talk to the jury panel and every one of them said she had to be stopped. She even made a few of the jurors nervous about starting a new business of their own. I was floored when they came back with the award. I wasn't expecting that!
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 03-28-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Pitiful...

Yeah, then all the sudden, out of the blue, she claimed to have found God. That's been her most recent theme, and very poor at that.

Thank you Marked.

I'm sure the judge seen through the while religious b.s. quickly