Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boots, belleville vs altama

Default Boots, belleville vs altama

http://quietsurvivalist.com/bellevil...t-boot-review/

These are what i had for the last two years. Review from another vet.

Good,

Cost, from a surplus store near memphis. 130s

The sole is hardcore, stiff, wears well on any surface. Vibram awesome.

Soft leather easy break in.

Gortex lined and insulated, no water problems, stayed warm in winter conditions from cold danm near to artic.

Bad,

Lasted about two years, sole started coming unglued, fire probably didnt help, stitching started coming loose about same time.

Not speed laces, requires new patience, <learned a lil more of that!

Short calf length but still fairly supportive.

http://www.altama.com/usa_en/hoplite...weather-8.html

These are new boots.

Good,

Cost, at Walts surplus in rapid city, 140s

Super soft leather, danm near tennis shoe soft, kinda like it!

Sitting the bench on sympatex liner. So far in snow no problem.

Speed laces! Yea!

So far i like, but 3 weeks ain't shia. Been breaking them in out in the utah desert. Tho break in not really needed. Probably softest boots ive ever owned.

So far good call Walt! Needed some new boots, he recommended these, met all inital requirements.

***every pair of boots i get i always pull out the insoles, and get some more supportive insoles from the sporting goods store like dicks or academy. Extra $20 is worth it on your feet. I trade these insoles out every 6mos or best i can.
    Last edited by Alredneck; 03-20-2017 at 07:28 PM.

I had some altumas. Speed somthing r other. I loved them. But i am into lowa boots these days.

I'm a slip on kinda guy, I have lace ups but don't wear them much. I even jog in my cowboy boots, Ariats and Tony Llamas. I tend to twist my ankles more with the lace ups for whatever reason. It may be that I've worn cowboy boots my whole life. I have one pair of sneakers....tennis shoes whatever I've had them around 10 years or so and they still look brand new lol.

Those are some good looking boots for what they are.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Picky about my foot wear. Not looking for style but what works in multiple theatres. I usually wear insulated boots, since i change from low elevation to high elevation often. Desert to swamp. Have a bad knee, as long as you keep your feet good, carry ya wherever ya need to go!

Use to have a set of shia kickers, ex didnt like the holes in them, told her, babe they just got broken in. Loved them boots so much, the cardboard under the insole wore out. Heads of the tacks started wearing my feet out. Stuck with it till one day come back from the field, she threw em away. Was like danm woman that hurts, its hard to find a good pair of boots, probably had them 10years or more.
    Last edited by Alredneck; 03-20-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Can't do insulated unless it's down around zero and I try my darndest to avoid that lol.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Can you not resole them? About every boot I own, and that's pushing a dozen pair, always get resoled at least once. That's how I repay myself for having to break them in on the first sole.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

My fav footwear is my vibram 5 fingers spyrodon ls...i shoot uspsa. Trail run. Go shopping. Whatever. Amazing.... Im sort of known as the guy with the toe shoes at the matches...lol

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Can you not resole them? About every boot I own, and that's pushing a dozen pair, always get resoled at least once. That's how I repay myself for having to break them in on the first sole.
    Miss my jump boots, those could get resoled some of these newer boots just wont work. It has to do with how the lower is connected to the sole.

Again pretty sure this is by design. Military doesnt resole foot wear, everything has a service life, once expired replace with servicable.

Old school boots we used to, new boots not so much.

Driftz use to know some guys with all custom foot wear, tho special order gets pricey.

Foot gloves probaly wont survive combat. Js!

Been looking at another set of corcorans, instead of steel safety toe would prefer composite. Dont make what im after, said they could build but be over $500. Going to wait.
    Last edited by Alredneck; 03-20-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Hahaha the indians wore moccisins. They did alright. Lowa zephers 6in is what im rocking the last few pairs of boots.

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Hahaha the indians wore moccisins. They did alright.
    Last time I checked, Indians lost that battle with Cowboys.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!