Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Recommend a 12v - 110v Inverter

Could be done bad solder joints.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    Are these outlets ground fault ?
    No, just regular 3-prong.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

have been using the novopal 2000W modified sine wave for a while https://goo.gl/oeoYKP So far so good like the display input/outpu and battery, fuses and over/lower voltage protection, also like a lot the handle on top, easy to carry between car and truck

I've been using a coffee press for the past several years for my morning joe. It makes good coffee, but it's messy. The wife has started working again and that means there are less available hours for tidying up... anything we can do to make life easier will be a help. So I got one of those single-serving Keruig machines. This is the K-15, which you pour water into for each cup.

The thought occured to me that something like this might make the coffee process aboard the Ritz easier to manage. But I wasn't sure about the capacity of the inverter.

So, I first hooked it up through my Kill-A-Watt to see what the actual numbers were. The K-15 draws about 1.5 watts just sitting there, "off", all the lights out. This is "phantom load" so it would definitely be something to unplug when not in use. Turning it "on" did not change the wattage at all. Press the brew button and it begins the water heating cycle, which runs about 2 minutes at 1357 watts. After it finishes brewing it pumps the hot water through the coffee registering just 4 watts. Finally once done pumping it reverts to the "just on" consumption of 1.5 watts.

This meant it should work off my new inverter - just to be sure I tested it... yup, runs just like it did on the kitchen counter.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.