Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cold crappy weather ahead

Default cold crappy weather ahead

It's supposed to drop down into the teens by the middle of this week here, and the north east is preparing for a foot or more of snow!

Around here we collect the first snow of March and store it for burn treatment. Not sure about the science behind it, but I gave some to friend of mine last year who burnt his hand and arm pretty bad. Just wrap the burn area in a clean cloth and saturate it with the water, leave it until it's all evaporated. He said it gave him nearly instant relief and healed very quickly.

Towns around me got a couple of inches this weekend, but we got none, I'm not complaining I'm ready to plant.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

The science behind it is the same reason they tell you to run your burns under clean, cool water. Doing so halts the damage the burn can do, avoids doing more damage (that you may get applying cold/ice water), and keeping it covered keeps other nasties from getting in there to interrupt the healing process. When you collect the snow to melt is superstition.

They are saying 33* here Tuesday and Wednesday night. I have a ''Celeste'' and a ''LSU Gold'' fig trees around 5' now, fully leafed out,, will have to cover them with old bedsheets those nights. I hope this will be our last ''Easter frost'' as nice as this winter has been.
    ''the heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left'' Ecclesiastes 10:2 [ NIV ]

Have any of yall noticed how the snow seems more plastic looking in places, does weird stuff?

Since when did snow burn black?

Snow? What is that?

We haven't gotten any true snow here that was more than flurries in at least a couple of years. Now ice we do get, but we haven't really had to deal with any ice here this winter. It is supposed to be in the 70's later this week. If I could I would trade with you guys. I would love to actually experience a true winter for more than just a few days at least once in my life.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Sunny and 70's here.

Supposed to get 5-12 inches here tonight. Got the generator gassed up, gas cans filled, tractor filled with fuel and plugged in to heat . Oh, and plenty of beer.

Flock, best thing for burns is egg white. Rub egg white all over the burn as soon as you can. It really works , used it on my wife when she got burned on the stove and by the next day you could hardly tell she was burned.

Never seen black snow Al , but seen it turn yellow a few times.

Quit pouring used beer on the snow Bam.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Quit pouring used beer on the snow Bam.

Lol "used beer"
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.