Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: obamacare repeal/replace

Two items happened yesterday of which I make note. Both of these happened on the job.

During some slack time I spoke to two of the women in our crew about what I posted to Al...concerning Rachael Maddow and Trump's tax forms.

They got a good laugh but agreed that today people are more interested in someone's sex life than their tax forms.

Now one of he women in the crew, the younger one, started going down the "Victim Dictum" road by stating that she did not think it fair that Trump got so many tax breaks and she did not. That the system was unfair...yada yada yada....etc etc.. et al. Trump this and Trump that..etc etc.

I quickly cut in and asked her one question...."What laws did and is Trump Breaking???

She replied that he was not breaking any laws.

And I replied ..."then why are you trying to make him into a bad guy...as if he has committed some great or moral ethical trespass?? Why are you trying to create a bad guy here???"

"But...unfair...it's unfair I don't get this or that deduction...rich people get this or that...etc etc...It's just unfair.."

Now there was where I went to work...

I explained to be very careful what your emotions tell you...your feelings..since you cannot tell what law was broken here.

I went on to explain that there are people and groups who will play you out by your emotions and we are often not even aware of it..that they will set the hook and reel you in by your unguarded emotions....and you do not even detect that it is happening. So zealously are so many of us looking for self justification that we will do it on the backs of a placebo manufactured bad guy. This..when in fact no broken law or moral trespass took place.

It was obvious by her reaction that she had never been called on this practice of manufacturing a bad guy to justify ones social/political.individual beliefs. She had been getting away with it by herd mentality.

Well ...she got exposed to something different yesterday. As to how well it took ...who knows..but a seed of doubt was planted in her mind.

This young woman is not the first person to whom I have done this. I did it with a male member of our crew also and over a year ago..when he started down that route of picking on the "Rich." The Rich this and the Rich that...blame the Rich..the Rich are the bad guys...manufacturing the bad guys ..the Rich as their whipping boy to justify themselves.
    Once again I asked this guy In the crew..."What law or laws have they broken??"
    He did not want to answer and I kept pressing the point...until finally he admitted that they had broken no laws. This fellow too..it was obvious he had been getting away with this for a long time by the protective shelter of "Herd Mentality." He had never been called on this belief system...this good cop/bad cop religion.

At least this young woman admitted quickly that Trump had broken no laws. She had that going for her...not trying to avoid the question.

It made for an interesting day..or rather night.

The second event which happened last night was that we were pretty slack..not a lot on our job plate and I brought a book to read. This book is a reprint of a book written in the 1850's in England and it is titled.. " A Concise History of the Baptists." This book is by G. H. Orchard.

What I found of great interest in the portion of the book I have read is in section 198 of the chapter titled "Causes of Persecution."

Herein G. H. Orchard states..

" It was also seen that Christianity maintained an uncompromising character; it forbade its friends "to partake of other men's sins." to pour out libations, or throw a grain of incense into the pagan altars, and this unsocial uncommunicable temper, in matters of religion, could be regarded by the best of heathens, in no other light than arising from an aversion to mankind. From these circumstances the pagans would never be destitute for materials for misconstruction."

Now ..when I read this passage from G. H. Orchard's book..I was stunned. Remember this was written back in the 1850's.

Aversion to mankind...Wow!! Homophobia...he was talking about what we today would call Homophobia.

Remember what Obama and company said..."We can make you do things which are against your religion."

The aversion is to Sin..but logical, educated, and reasonable men have to emotionally turn or switch it into an aversion to Mankind. They are still at it today. Herd Mentality.

And then the Author goes on to say..."The pagans would never be destitute for materials for misconstruction."

There you have it..."Fake News." Fake news for the purpose of promoting a social/political position...herd mentality

How interesting I found it to read thus and in this form and yet written back in the 1850's.

Or as the Word states.."There is nothing new under the sun."

For some reason reading that verily rounded out my day.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Post Script...

You know...I think I am going to recommend to this young woman that link I keep posting on here on a U Tube video Titled "Greed" by Milton Freedman.

I hope she will get something out of it...and get down the path to thinking and less emoting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 03-16-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Orange, give me a bit.

Going to let the dogs out.

Op, why hasnt aha obamacare been repealed yet. What lies are buried inside that your not willing to read?

Not only is this a way for them to keep making money off the bondage of the people, as mentioned by orange, it correlates fabricated control from behind govt.

Govt doesnt rule the world, who does?

Al,

Op, why hasnt aha obamacare been repealed yet. What lies are buried inside that your not willing to read?

Not only is this a way for them to keep making money off the bondage of the people, as mentioned by orange, it correlates fabricated control from behind govt.

Govt doesnt rule the world, who does?

Well said...Al...exactly the right question to be asking on this topic line. And I don't believe someone intends to repeal, Any attempt to change it will be the same pattern or worse....this because it must so be. And both political parties are in on this scam. They must deceive and lie to the people on this...meaning also the media is in on it too.

It must so be because Obama Care is not about Health Care but Herd Mentality...not free markets working to solve the problem more efficiently but Herd Mentality.

Yes..and the government is the collection agency for this pattern of bondage/herd mentality. The collection agency for whom???

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Has anyone heard from silvergramma ? I sent a PM but it doesn't show in my sent folder, so I'm not sure if it went or not.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I haven't heard a peep in a while. Maybe she's busy in her garden too. nah. Still probably too cold in her region. Does anyone have her number or email? Now you got me a little concerned.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.