Thread: Went drifting again...lol

Default Went drifting again...lol

So glockula is into cars these days, "as well as guns" ... back track 6 months ...
    he was playing grand turismo on playstation a lot, and enjoyed building up the cars so I said, " hey, get off your butt, I got you something"
    I picked up a 1988 Chrysler conquest tsi, turbo, 5 spd , rwd... nice looking car..got it cheap from a buddy who owns a body shop.
    so as a father son project we tuned it up, put a ps pump on it and cleaned it all up nice. then the turbo started going out...so we upsized...I mean really up sized. and added a new " much bigger" front mount intercooler, bov, piping, intake, straight pipe, down pipe, fuel / air controller.. made glockula bust his knuckles on it. it took him 2 months to swap everything over. he did a great job on the swap "had some input from me", but he is extremely ocd about things.
    so I tune the car with the new turbo.. hp jumped from about 190 to close to 300whp in a 2600lb car.. lol also we sanded / painted it up safety blue.. "glockula, yer not driving this when you turn 16.

so a friend pushed us to take it out to a drift event last sunday and I let the boy drive on the track, a bunch of spinning out and doing donuts and he had a grin ear to ear after a day of learning to drive / drift...so I had to jump into the car and show him what dad could do.. most of the drivers were younger and dident know me, but a few of the old school guys were laughing it up. surprised myself that after almost 10 years out of the scene I could still tear it up like a pro..
    And glockula was way into it. it was like I was a kid again before all the prepping and training. then as I left I realized I enjoy the prepping and competitive shooting a lot more. but it was fun for old time sake.

That's awesome Driftz, not only the father son connection and being able to share interests, but being able to impress the youngsters as well. This Sunday I helped my daughter replace the radiator in the car she will get to drive when she turns 16 in a couple of months. I was very proud of her on Sunday she was crawling around getting great under her car and Monday in a black dress playing classical music in her band concert. Parenting can be awesome!
    Last edited by flock6; 03-07-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

That's cool stuff Drift. I can't wait till my 11 yr gets a bit older for us to fully restore our 72 Waggy. I decided to wait till he's at least 14 so he'll have some skin in the game and take good care of it and respect his hard work he puts in on it.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Those are the memories of a lifetime for that kid. Good going Dad!
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Sounds like an awesome time was had by all! I wish more parents would take their kids out to learn car control in a controlled environment.

I have a long time before my daughter is old enough to drive, but I have been teaching her right. Every time I strap her into her car seat when I pick her up from my mother-in-laws house, she grins and tells me "vroom vroom!". She is only 2 but has more toy cars than she has dolls.

I tried drifting once many moons ago but it was with a wrong wheel drive car (front wheel drive). I had a blast but it went against everything I have ever learned racing by looking out of my passenger window as to where I am going while doing 70 mph in my old 2003 Dodge SRT4.
    Last edited by 91CavGT; 03-07-2017 at 06:00 PM.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

ill have to post up some vids as soon as my buddy sends them over...

Who doesnt like dirt roads not getting caught up in the corners!

Running around johnny law! Not so many play these days.

Good stuff drift!

Glockula wants to go again....lol. Told him put a bigger radiator and suspension on the car and you can go again. It was overheating abit after long runs and suspension it 1988 oem soft n blown... Rather he have some tight suspension with control.