Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What can we do about drones?

Default What can we do about drones?

OK, so spring time is right around the corner, and the weather starts warming up and the overcoats and heavy clothes start coming off. People start spending more time in the sun.

What does this have to do with drones?

I have daughters. I tell them to be modest in their dress, but they are girls and therefore don't listen to dad, because he has no idea what he is talking about. Sunbathing has to happen. The last couple years, we have had a drone or two that make repeated flights over our back yard. I think you are seeing where I am going with this?

In a perfect world, I could haul out the 12 ga and let it rip. Unfortunately, not only is it against the law, the penalty for shooting down a drone is a federal offense and comes under the same law as shooting down any other aircraft. The FAA was supposed to register each and every drone, and their "Side Numbers" or registration was supposed to be clearly visible on the drone. That never happened. The sheriff's office is worse than useless, because everyone knows long before they show up, the drones are gone.

It gets worse. Firing nets, setting out monofilament to entangle them, EMP, and jamming signals, gets you the same response from our government as well as FCC, EPA and other agencies piling on for good measure.

Drones. What would you do about them?
    "...government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." R. Reagan

http://www.fibrotex-tech.com/observation-post

this stuff isn't cheap but is good against drones and thermal and so forth.

First, no, the registration is not required to be clearly visible unless you're holding it in your hands. And I'd argue that even given the laws currently on the books about model aircraft.

Second, there's nothing to be done about them. Unless they're hovering below the treeline / roof, they're in public airspace. Unless they're positioned to peer into your windows it's no different than a car driving back and forth. Don't blame the drones because you don't like what your daughters are doing.

If you think the drone was used to commit a crime (illegal surveillance) report it, the cops would be all over it in my AO. Even if it's not a state/local crime (like illegal surveillance) there may have been federal regulations that were violated, Capture video of the drone with your cellphone. find the drone operators address and report it to the FAA. The FAA does go after drone operators for any infractions when they can be proven.

Just search youtube for "drone ticket"

If you can prove harm you can also sue

Lastly if you just find it annoying, find the drone operator and ask him/her to fly in a different area, if I was asked nicely to avoid an area I'd do it out of respect.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Personally I like the signal Jammer idea. Yeah maybe illegal but who's going to or how can they prove "You" brought down said drone over your yard? Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Inside house with tinted windows, Who's going to see you pointing this? Lol

IMG_4319.jpg
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

to bring down a drone you'd have to jam 20 Mhz of spectrum, you WILL mess with wifi signals as most drones also use 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ, same as wifi.

People will call the cops and report "the guy with the space gun who always stops me from watching p.... Netflix, yeah, Netflix"
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

I have seen videos of guys with CB radios in their vehicles along with linear amps shutting electronics off when they key up. If one had a very powerful setup, say in their house with the antenna on the roof it would probably take a drone down. You just can't say anything on it that would tie you to the transmission. I can remember when I was a kid, a neighbor of ours had a home CB setup. The lady would get on the CB and would talk to her husband. When she would key up, she would talk through our TV. On more than one occassion my mom would have to quickly turn the TV off before we could hear what was being said!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Then I don't know what y'all will do about drones, but if it's in range of my 870 then it's trespassing. I will shoot it down laws be dammed!

Deliath you must be a common............ one should assume a certain amount of privacy on their own property, if someone is checking out my daughter's by trespassing, that person needs to be held accountable. Dang Skippy I'm going to shoot it just so they come find me.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I have to agree. 12ga would solve the problem.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge