Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What can we do about drones?

Invent one of these and use it on the drone .... it dispenses with all evidence and even Lt. Columbo couldn't pin it on you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    Invent one of these and use it on the drone .... it dispenses with all evidence and even Lt. Columbo couldn't pin it on you.
    Come on Tommygunn, everyone knows Columbo could convict Nancy Pelosi of being Trump's sister.

^^^^ lol!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Then I don't know what y'all will do about drones, but if it's in range of my 870 then it's trespassing. I will shoot it down laws be dammed!

Deliath you must be a common............ one should assume a certain amount of privacy on their own property, if someone is checking out my daughter's by trespassing, that person needs to be held accountable. Dang Skippy I'm going to shoot it just so they come find me.
    A common? A common what?

Like I said, it's not any more trespassing than driving on a public road. Like it or not it's public airspace. Don't like it? Pass a law granting homeowners default ownership up to a given altitude. Won't stop it, given the 4K cameras and lenses on them. As it is, you don't own it and it's no different than a hot air balloon going over. Shoot it down and you're going to face a world of hurt both legally and financially. Post SHTF? Go for it, eliminate the scout. Now? Don't be a moron.

And those thinking about jamming? Do it more than once and you'll have HAM operators tracking you down. It's really not hard when you're pushing wideband interference.

Sitting the fence on drone laws. Do look at it from a privacy perspective. Yet see where application could be positive in the form of survey to military.

Look at it, if they are taking the vid, then it should be available to everyone. Transparency no hidden bs. Justice not law enforcement.

Drones would be an excellent way for thieves to case your place. They could see everything in your back and front yards. They could see your nightly habits in your back yard that would normally be hidden.
    I really doubt that crooks use them though.

Hey Daelith, go ahead and fly your drone over my property. And after it's brought down let's see you prove it was me! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

This lady got pissed

https://youtu.be/Kuv7gYyY6FA

Daelith, you're thinking too narrow. There should be a buffer zone indeed, but I'm talking snooping, trespassing and invasion of privacy. With the tech available cameras can reach in from hundreds of yards away, we need some form of protection for our privacy. Say a law that requires homeowner permission to perform photo or video in a detailed manner. If the operator is singling out a property taking video/photo of people or that property specifically without permission they can be charged with trespassing and invasion of privacy regardless of how far away they are.

A common? I don't know I couldn't think of anything low enough to equate to that kind of thought process, that's why I left it open. Do you blame kids getting beat and abused on the kid too for not being good enough?
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Hey Daelith, go ahead and fly your drone over my property. And after it's brought down let's see you prove it was me! Lol
    Streamed video and GPS to my tablet will be a pretty good indicator which is easily provided to local law enforcement and the FAA. That's already been proven in court and it ended poorly for the guy with the shotgun. Not that I particularly care to fly over houses, but risking felonies because you don't understand public versus private is just plain stupid and a disservice to your family.