Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not sure why I remembered this today ......

The rig is Perdido, still out there and a very desirable pelagic fishing destination.
    Yea BP or someone screwed up, I'm guessing the Halliburton guys, as it happened early morning hours when most blowouts happen. I've been on a few. Valves fail, most things in life fail. I've watched a blowout cut through 3" thick steel doors on a valve,(blowout preventer). It happens when you are working high pressure.
    While on that platform blowout, what was the real problem? A natural substance that seeps out of the earth all over the world at all altitudes and all depths, leaked out. BP paid La billions, guv whipped up some cleanup jobs, and the fishing is still as amazing in the area as it ever was. I guess by some standards it was ugly, but what unnatural happened that doesn't happen?
    If councils got money but locals did not, explain how that's anybody fault but the people that appoint the council.
    If Bismark said they made no money and you believed them, you are the naive one. My son worked the Utica hale and paid a fortune in hotel and food and clothes, fuel, maintenance . I've done the same over the years. If you live there and can't make money during a boom, you are a fool or an idiot. A cremate back in the 70's from Alabama was Clan and boasted a 3rd grade education lived in a 500 bbl oil storage tank turned apartment with a door and a AC unit. Paid $100/day.
    Tell me about the jobs you talk about. Car plants that are shut down? Steel mills that are shut down?
    I'm a capitalist and enjoy the booms, and sometimes make money. I never need unions, and jobs are a dime a dozen if you want to work. Just like the military or guv jobs, you may have to move to get the job, but that's life.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

Cut the bs kingy, we both know its not about sustainable but about development. Development isnt sustainable.

Small few get something, rest get nothing.

It was perdido. There's a vid of a marlin get caught by a rov i believe was on that project. Persido was a place in tx, some folks called me about latter.

Rockefellers crawled out the dust but dont mean they own all of it.
    Last edited by Alredneck; 03-06-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Criminalizing homelessness makes me think of the theories ("conspiracy", that is) that homeless people are disappearing in some cities, or so "they say." If it is a crime to be homeless then it's lawful to pick up/incarcerate people, and if they truly are homeless and without relatives, then who notices the disappearance? Where do they go?

Makes ya go hmmmmmmm?
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Maybe they were just gov spies and Trump has pulled them all in...... if they were truly, lonely, hungry, sick, and didn't want better and they disappeared is it a conspiracy or compassion........?

Have y'all heard from Al lately? Completely unrelated of course I was just musing his take on it and realized it's been kinda boring on here lately.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Processing things.

Never ending trans problems.

Yes its a crime in places. Sad who created the chaos.

People disappearing. Happens for various reasons. Fuked up world.

Trans problems? Problems like Jenner? LOL glad you're still around.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

First cattle mutilations, now disappearing people, what are we coming to ?

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    First cattle mutilations, now disappearing people, what are we coming to ?
    "The Truth is Out There."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok...Al,

from page 2 of this thread..and where you are so often want to go. I am not sure many of the readers/posters here get it in reply to you ..but yet know something is not right about your posts.
    Here...this....

Show me how supply actually meeets demand and who is it demanding something. These projects arent the voice of the people, but the small few in hiding. Dirty back room deals done at the peoples expense.

First problem with your post on this topic.

The Animal Farm Principle at work.

These projects arent the voice of the people

Al...you are operating on a false principle here...that these oil/energy projects are designed to be the voice of the people. It is not so....what you are pushing here is Animal Farm. The people are way to stupid to run and turn a profit in such an project. The project is to make money. IF they cannot make money the project folds up.
    Any deals made are for the purpose of solidifying a profit. All government does in interfering is remove the profit..under the "guise" of looking out for the people.

You are so often want to do a Phil Donahue on us here...but thinking people know what is wrong with what you are trying to explain.

Historically the greatest instrument ever devised by people for meeting demand is free market enterprise/economies. In a free market/economy supply will equal demand by free movement of prices.

Second problem...
    As to all these unemployed...they are unemployed for a reason... Who will hire them in constantly changing market conditions and furthermore..do they even qualify for the job requirements.

Most of the people on welfare and in big cities will not qualify for the available jobs. The part about qualifications is often overlooked when discussing jobs. Qualified applicants is one of the first things a company researches about who they will hire....in a free and unrigged marketplace.

The Animal Farm principle is what happens when government gets into the economy and rigs it against everyone but government.

Here Al...and other members here. I have posted numerous times before this video about Phil Donahue and Milton Freedman...on "Greed.."
    It is very profound if you know what a phony bleeding heart Phil Donahue is...and a predator on peoples unguarded, unthinking emotions.
    Be warned of this type of leftist guilt manipulator....professional victim dictum persons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A

As to giving to people in need...

I determine how much and when I will give and for my reasons...not for anyone else and their reasons.

I remember years ago...going into the gate for work and some fellow panhandling. I pulled out my money clip and removed a few bucks. He saw the five dollar bill...and said.."How about that five." I looked up at him and told him he gets nothing.

These people do not consider or ask what risks I took for the three dollars or even the five.

"I choose how much, why, where , and when I will give of my substance ..not anyone else!!!"

Al....wealth redistribution is not "Risk Redistribution."

That is the key to smelling a phony under any guise. Who is going to get something without RISK..and who is going to have to work twice or more and take the RISKS to get something for nothing for others while government gets the credit for putting people who RISK...into bondage ..involuntary servitude...to provide for others who will not take any risk but can be controlled as to how they will vote.
    This Al....is demonic. A 180 degree flip flop.

Thanks to all for their posts,

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 03-10-2017 at 09:49 AM.