Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not sure why I remembered this today ......

It all boils down to life choices.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Just another example of how screwed up our government is . Same here in WV slojo. If you have a home and are able to work, but don't want to , the state will give you welfare , food stamps, gas money, and free dental care, but God forbid you REALLY need help. You're on your own then, cause if you can't vote you are expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    Worlds getting difficult for a lot of people orange.

Its a crime now in many states to be homeless. Its a crime in many to pan handle. Society says we need more laws to make this go away instead of solving the real problems.

Changes in regulation and in health care have cost many there jobs. Destroyed small business in favor of large corporations.

People say the nd pipeline created 12k jobs, this is corporate propaganda, 12k contracts were made, not jobs.

Look at the fracking towns that were all the rage over the last few years. Talk about all this money, those towns now basically abandoned n the people left with nothing.

We dont need thousands of contracts, we need millions of jobs.

How are big corporations going to provide that when they are constantly downsizing or automating?
    Please enlighten me on your vast knowledge of LNG compression and transportation, Al.

I've only been involved with the oil patch for 30 years, mostly from exploration through completion, and only a splattering of production, but never in my life have I experienced a frac town. I'd like to know what differentiates between a frac town and say, a perf town, or maybe a flowback town, or even a drilling town. I'll hang up an listen.

Not sure why Orange, but your OP reminded me of old Lawnmower Ted down on the beach in port Aranas, Texas in the 70's. He pushed a lawnmower frame up and down the beach keeping the grass mowed, he said. Didn't bother anybody much, but just asked for a beer or a buck in thanks for the lack of grass. I'm not sure where he actually lived, but was a beach bum of the finest quality, also known as a Salty. Attended his 75th birthday party on the beach, with two bands and more drugs than Walgreens back in the day.
    Last edited by KINGCHIP; 03-06-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Please enlighten me on your vast knowledge of LNG compression and transportation, Al.

I've only been involved with the oil patch mostly from exploration through completion, and only a splattering of production, but never in my live have I experienced a frac town. I'd like to know what differentiates between a frackers town and say, a perf town, or maybe a blowback town, or even a drilling town. I'll hang up an listen.

Not sure why Orange, but your OP reminded me of old Lawnmower Ted down on the beach in port Aranas, Texas in the 70's. He pushed a lawnmower frame up and down the beach keeping the grass mowed, he said. Didn't bother anybody much, but just asked for a beer or a buck in thanks for the lack of grass. I'm not sure where he actually lived, but was a beach bum of the finest quality, also known as a Salty. Attended his 75th birthday party on the beach, with two bands and more drugs than Walgreens back in the day.
    There was a guy in Biloxi when I used to spend the summers with my sister when she was stationed at keesler AFB. They Called the guy "the Biloxi bum". The story was that he was from a wealthy family, and came back from Vietnam pretty messed up, and chose to live on the street. He didn't beg for money, asa matter of fact, I personally saw him pull a fat wad of cash out of his backpack on the beach one day. I think he knew everybody in town.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

In the closest big city to me, there has been a huge influx of money due to a TV show and a large transportation company. Just in the last 2 years there has been a VERY large increase in the number of panhandlers here. But, according to a guy at church who feeds the homeless every Saturday, there has not been a large increase in the homeless. I still help the homeless and less fortunate on occasion but I no longer give any money to panhandlers. There is one in particular that I see quit often at a popular exit off of the interstate. He parks his red Chevy pickup a couple of parking lots away from the intersection where he panhandles. He always wears baggy, worn out clothes but if you look closely you will see a very nice pair of expensive boots he always wears.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

A lot of it is a big scam. Here, at local Walmart, there are two exits of the main highway to the shopping center. There is ALWAYS someone at BOTH exits. Every two or three days they change. Its sometimes a woman claiming she's trying to get enough money to "go home", other times its someone claiming to be an Iraqi vet, once it was a Mexican man and woman with four kids. I could go on, but you get the point. A Van drops them off every day and picks them up in the evening. Once, a man with sign that read, "hungry, need food". I offered to go get him a burger, drink and fries. He refused saying he would take money though. I said, "sorry, I don't do that". I'm not a cold, calloused, person. I try to do what I can to help those who honestly need help. But I WILL NOT give my hard earned money to those who have found another way to get income...preying upon the sympathies of good, hard working folks.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Just another example of how screwed up our government is . Same here in WV slojo. If you have a home and are able to work, but don't want to , the state will give you welfare , food stamps, gas money, and free dental care, but God forbid you REALLY need help. You're on your own then, cause if you can't vote you are expendable.

That's the way it's been here in WV for ages. Tons of "working poor" here.
    I'm a Christian, Heterosexual, Conservative, Gun Owner...the world hates me! 😀

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post

^ Never said vast knowledge of lng, ive transported all sorts of equipment all over this country. How is it bs, that these piplines only talk about decreasing loads of trucks n trains but dont explain the difference in a cude product vs a refined or explain the differences in lines all around the country.

Show me where theres actually been a reduction, or any form of sustainablity out of major oil corps, its straight bs, hide the answers, we didnt create a problem just drained the energy from the land to keep the lie alive.

I've only been involved with the oil patch for 30 years, mostly from exploration through completion, and only a splattering of production, but never in my life have I experienced a frac town. I'd like to know what differentiates between a frac town and say, a perf town, or maybe a flowback town, or even a drilling town. I'll hang up an listen.

^so what, i get information from people with more than 30yrs go shoot skeet with engineers at big oil parties, my family been in various aspects of offshore n on shore work. I have vet buddies n other buddies currently employed doing pipe fitting n inspections.

And many dont agree on a lot of things, just do the work to collect a check. So inflation increase another 300% in the next 3-7yrs, how much more work will be there to cover that?
    Again it doesn't matter what town. But if you look across the country what project has had a lasting benefit to the people, its a sharade of lies forced on the people.

If all these oil projects are so great, show me where the money is really going. You cant.

Kingy explain how contracts run out and so many dont get refilled?

Show me how supply actually meeets demand and who is it demanding something. These projects arent the voice of the people, but the small few in hiding. Dirty back room deals done at the peoples expense.

Yall say we have choice, who chose only trade with china but its these same goods that fill shops with cheap products.

Where this oil really going? No clue do you.

Well I'm really not sure what you are asking, but you didn't answer ANYTHING I asked.

What contracts are you taking about? Where did contracts come from? It was never in the context of your original statement or my questions. I was hired by Halliburton in 84 to meet the needs of a JV called Penter between Halliburton and Penrod drilling. They supplied drilling rigs, we supplied completion services. Gas prices were low but the contract was executed. Lasted two years. in 86 the contract ended because that's how business works, and we were all lid off. We had jobs for two years that most of the oilfield did not. It's cyclical. look at your futures prices now, WTI at $53 and NG at $2.92 Both marginal prices. Companies can make some money off those prices, but can make more at $60 WTI, so they choke back production.It would be like telling Dtroit that they must sell their F 250 for 40K. They either can't or won't. Same thing.

Pipeline contracts? They seek ROW, build pipeline, backfill, maybe seed, more on to next project. Contract? Texas is RTW state so you are hired on and work until the job is completed, and then go find another pipeline.
    The operations are done by the pipeline company who hire qualified individuals to operate amine units, dehydration stations, compression stations, and a hub, where LNG is dispersed to buyers.There are some purchasing contracts for product. If a company presents a less desirable contract than a competitor it will not be renewed. That is called business. Companies attempt to present the most desirable contract so that their product is bought. It's business. Buyers don't go away, and in fact have grown since the ban on exporting was lifted. Now the catch with a contract to sell to Europe has to be a better contract than that which Russia proposes. It's business.

Supply is dependent on price. Many operators would rather leave the product in the ground than sell for less profit. The demand is shown in prices. When price (demand) goes up, the supply will increase. I don't want my oil and gas given away. Many royalty owners feel the same. Then there are some like House of sand that have to artificially deflate demand by increasing supply to feed their dependent masses.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

Thanks kingy for proving my point on how this industry doesnt create lasting work or actual meaningful jobs that people can depend on. Its run with the money till the contract runs out n hope ya can find another.

It is cyclic.

Going give a basic run down of my oil field understanding.

Survey, this is done by all kinds of means of geological study, test wells, satellite, depends on what your after.

Drill equipment, not the same as production equipment. Various tools are required depending on the structure of the elements n minerals sought after. Depending upon the well, casing of metal plastic or concrete are used. These wells are drilled to depth n capped off with a tree or valve.

Some say the event horizon had a faulty mix of concrete n certain valves werent approved for the depth working at in the gulf. That was the deepest well, the one before it done by the persido < know folks that were on that.

Rigs are not always stationary n many are movable offshore, the ones on shore are designed to be taken down n moved to the next location. They need different crews for different work as the project progresses. Hence contracts.

Then they bring in production equipment, this pumps crude product out or by injecting fluid in. Different compressors are used for this depending on what they are after or simple pumps like jack legs can be implaced. Production moves the resources to storage container for loading onto trucks n rail. Or thru a pipeline to a refinery. You cant connect a gas station to any just line in the country cause they are not all the same and some are crude vs refined.

All of this isnt designed for efficiency but to make a bigger sytem to cost more in projects, thats where money is really made, not in the guise of products.

After production ya have your storage n refining. Various chemicals are taking out n burned off or put back into the earth.
    You can move various grade of fuel by seperating them by specific gravity or by additives done at dispensing stations. A lot of these chemicals are not good for anyone much less earth.

You can find in la were these underground storage that once were filled with oil have now failed.

Believe orange was refering to a gas station next to a refinery out in virginia. Similar to the valero plant in memphis.

Maybe your familiar with theres nothing in the hole beside work?

So whays the difference between a drill town, vs a frac town, vs whatever. There is no difference just where they are on a specifc project and how much they are taking the people for.

Go around bismark, most people will say the economy has not improved. The pipeline did nothing for the people. Only small numbers found temporary work. Small number of oil field workers put that mkney back into the communities most went to families living somewhere else. Talk about redistribution of wealth.

How did the native communities get anything. The council was paid off but the people got squat. The govt shutting the road down cost those people more than any pipline job helped anyone.

Tell me about that row again. So the govt does a land buy back where natives were supposed to get first choice but there was basically no choice giving. Alot of bs folks are not willing to find out.
    Last edited by Alredneck; 03-06-2017 at 02:39 PM.