Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got a bad report from my doctor

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    As of right now, I don't get anything from the V.A. I do have a claim that has been submitted but I have only been waiting for about 5 months so I still have at least half a year before I hear anything back.
    That's just totally unacceptable how our vets are treated.

Beat. Medical issues are kinda game changers.

Aren't you kinda young?

Joe - NY

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    Beat. Medical issues are kinda game changers.

Aren't you kinda young?

Joe - NY

Yeah. I'm only 40.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Thank y'all for the thoughts and prayers. I am a spiritual man and here lately my family and I have been under attack from satan due to all that I do for the Lord. What satan doesn't realize is regardless of what happens to me here on earth, I know what happens in the end and I already know that satan will loose!
    Amen here, brother. I, too, have a deep abiding faith in my Lord. No matter what happens to me on this earth I know his strength will carry me through. It isn't how rough the journey, but how glorious the destination is what matters most. Prayers for you, my brother. As long as Satan is messing with you, you know your in good standing with the Lord. When Satan stops giving you trouble, its time to do serious reassessment. Plus, God only allows Satan to do so much to us. God will not allow more burden to be placed on us than we can carry. Just remember Job...and how things worked out for him. God will never leave you alone.
    Last edited by beowulf; 03-02-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Sorry to hear your going thru this Cav. You, and your family, will be in my prayers. And you are right, the end of our time on this earth is where our strength lies. We know that and we know the Lord will get us there. We just have to stay focused on him.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by initogether View Post
    You may want to give acupuncture a try. I have seen amazing results on a friend of mine. I also have had success with back problems. The acupuncturist breaks down the old scar tissue and increases blood flow to the area. My friend had 7 knee operations and was in pain 24 hours a day. They even removed her knee cap and she was still in pain. She is no longer in pain following the acupuncture.
    Mixed results with this, eastern medicine or a holistice approach may be worth looking into. Nothing wrong with a second opinion. Or 3.

If I'd been poked prodded and tested on by aliens I'd be leery of acupuncture as well.....
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Cav I hope you find something that slows or reverses your condition. I am on,y a few years older then you and I worry about stuff like that. Will keep you in my prayers.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

91CavGT,
    I know it is something that gives you pause. A punch in the gut, is what you called it. BTW, I am so sorry to hear of your prognosis. You are in our prayers.

All is not lost.
    I would suggest re evaluating your prep, like you said. That is a great idea. Look into smaller (lighter) containers. Figure out what in your prep, if you didn't have your foot, or if you didn't have control over it. This is something everyone should look at. What if you were injured? How would you access and use your prep? None of us are getting any younger, and as age takes hold of our lives, our strength and agility leave us. This should be accounted for in the prep plan.
    "...government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." R. Reagan

CAV, the foot could be a nerve problem. I have seen folks with a nerve "pinch" or a compression that can cause a loss of function if not corrected. Neurologist can give you an MRI or an CAT scan they can do them with dye and with out. WARNING RADIO ACTIVE DYE WILL CAUSE RENAL FAILURE!!! Make sure the guy has a plan to make sure to not cause renal damage. Acupuncture can help, if the person truly knows what they are doing....I.E. trained for many years and not a chiropractor who did a weekend training and now does acupuncture...... My mother has has some back problems and is getting her compressed disks stretched with a machine with weights and an angle, chiropractor not a Neurologist. She still has week muscles that will need to be rehabbed....