Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LED bulbs

I've caught sales at Lowe's and used my Ace rewards to replace all my bulbs to LED even the small ones in the ceiling fans. I still have two more shop lights (the 4ft ones) to replace with the LED fixtures. I haven't checked into my oven light, but it is probably used less than two hrsa year.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Sounds like pretty good fixtures . What brand ?
    Don't remember, however I got them at Lowe's on sale. I want to say Brinks or Leviton. They have rectangle heads like the halogen lighting.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

I build almost all my own LED lights.

LED's love cold weather.. love it! In fact, they colder you keep them, the longer they last.. They are not very happy in hot weather.. but then neither are CFL...

LED's won't survive a Nuclear EMP but would be just fine if we get hit by a Solar EMP if they are not currently turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Murby View Post
    I build almost all my own LED lights.

LED's love cold weather.. love it! In fact, they colder you keep them, the longer they last.. They are not very happy in hot weather.. but then neither are CFL...

LED's won't survive a Nuclear EMP but would be just fine if we get hit by a Solar EMP if they are not currently turned on.
    This is what I'm looking for. I've replaced some 4' fluorescent fixtures with LED and they are plenty brighter but kinda pricey. In the same housing they are just a strip of LED's and probably a regulator/ballast, whatever in it somewhere. I'd like to replace everything in my DQ with them but too pricey still. I have housings so just need the strips. I'll wait.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

King, that's a tax incentive why aren't you taking advantage of that?

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    This is what I'm looking for. I've replaced some 4' fluorescent fixtures with LED and they are plenty brighter but kinda pricey. In the same housing they are just a strip of LED's and probably a regulator/ballast, whatever in it somewhere. I'd like to replace everything in my DQ with them but too pricey still. I have housings so just need the strips. I'll wait.
    King I replaced my 4ft shop lights with 4ft led shop lights. I bought them at sam's club. Paid $35 each for them. I have had them for 2 years and no issues.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

I think his situation is a little different with the fixtures. I've done the same as you except two, I will have them replaced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TAC00 View Post
    So, does anybody have any experience with LED bulbs in extreme temperatures?
    I have an LED in my garage flush mount fixture and the only thing I've noticed is that when it's initially turned on, it seems dimmer when it's below freezing. However, once it (the LED) 'warms up', it quickly returns to its full power and brightness... if that make any sense.
    Hannibal ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by Ready 4 reset View Post
    King I replaced my 4ft shop lights with 4ft led shop lights. I bought them at sam's club. Paid $35 each for them. I have had them for 2 years and no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    I think his situation is a little different with the fixtures. I've done the same as you except two, I will have them replaced soon.
    For $35 each I could maybe buy those and strip them to put in the 2' X 4' drop ins I have. What I see to fit is in the$80-$100 range. As far as tax credits, I'd prefer to write it off elsewhere, and who knows how long it's good for, or what is included. If it's like the SEER thing on AC units, it's hardly worth the effort. I guess it's worth it for the feel good value, but I guess I don't like to feel good.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I was referring to the write off, didn't even think about a tax credit........double whammy?