Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: China Suspension of Coal Imports from North Korea

Default China Suspension of Coal Imports from North Korea

As of tomorrow, Sunday, China will no longer import coal from North Korea for the remainder of all of 2017. This is in response to the nuke tests, missile launches, and finally the recent assisination of Kim's half brother.

The impact to NK as a result of the coal ban will be severe for NK as the Chinese hard currency is desperately needed in NK.

This may be the straw that tips NK.

Joe - NY

China would not do this without pressure from the outside. I see the hand of Trump involved.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    China would not do this without pressure from the outside. I see the hand of Trump involved.
    +1 !!

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Agree. My concern is that this will hurt the North Korean leadership severely. As a side effect ..it will hurt the North Korean People severely...and that concerns me more than their leadership.

Also thinking that China is in effect subsidizing the North Korean economy in buying their coal. In like manner to how we are subsidizing Mexico with illegals...sending monies back home to Mexico.

Thanks,
    \Orangetom

But, But, Russians.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    As a side effect ..it will hurt the North Korean People severely...and that concerns me more than their leadership.
    I'm sorry Tom but my give-a-damn meter is busted for any other Country than ours. Call me cold hearted, but I couldn't care any less for the folks that live in NK. I do care though for starving kids in Detroit, or say homeless families in any struggling city in the US....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    I'm sorry Tom but my give-a-damn meter is busted for any other Country than ours. Call me cold hearted, but I couldn't care any less for the folks that live in NK. I do care though for starving kids in Detroit, or say homeless families in any struggling city in the US....
    sim

Oh I quite agree with you there Texasskeeter. I too agree we should be taking care of our own first..and foremost.

I am just reflecting on the very fragile nature of the North Korean economy...not for the leadership but for the people. A position we many find ourselves in here with years and years of such continued leadership as is in North Korea.

I was asking myself some time back when it was that China would yank the chain of North Korea for not sticking to the script....stepping off the plantation.

Is that not what we see going on here...currently in this country?? Someone is attempting to go off script??? Off the Plantation!!???

DANGER!!!!??? DANGER!!!??? DANGER!!???

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Trump needs to jump on this.
    Offer a deal on American coal.
    It would both help the struggling American coal industry
    and it would erk off the North Koreans.

Win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-D View Post
    Trump needs to jump on this.
    Offer a deal on American coal.
    It would both help the struggling American coal industry
    and it would erk off the North Koreans.

Win win.

LOL LOL LOL...the Art of the Deal!!!

Or is it called...wasting a crisis or some such???

Orangetom

The last thing we need to do right now is to piss off the child man anymore than he already is. I pray that Trump did not have anything to do with this happening as well. Here is the reason.

Lil Kim has been making very large and fast advances in their missile and nuke technology. The last missile test was not a short range missile like what was reported. It was in fact a medium range ballistic missile. They currently have missiles that have a range of a couple thousand miles while having a hefty cargo capacity of over 1k pounds.

They have successfully launched a large missile from a submarine as well. Granted, their submarine tech is old, but it is not outside of the realm of possibility for one of their submarines to shadow a cargo ship halfway across the Pacific and then fling a nuke at the west coast. Remember, the nuke does not have to hit land in order to do lots of damage. A high altitude EMP blast would put a bad hurt on us and would cause a large number of casualties.

The worst thing anyone can do is to underestimate your enemy.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best