Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Deer cam sent me this...

ahhhhh..ok...yes...220 grain...yes..

That should also work nicely on a hog for penetration...big boned and thick skinned. Other critters too. Thanks for that info.

Listen Tex, not being at all familiar with those braces, is that something a handicapped individual would use or is it something just popular among many???

I reckon I am going to have to look it up on line.

Until my friend sent me that article, in particular with silencers in mind, I had never even heard of those arm braces.

Orangetom

Tom, in all reality Sig Sauer designed those arm braces for short barrel pistols they are about the length of a short stock but they used the gimmick of being an arm brace to fire one handed. they work great to build a short barrel pistol a.k.a. rifle without having to get a tax stamp for an SBR.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Here is a generation II Sig Sauer arm brace

IMG_4105.jpg
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Tom, in all reality Sig Sauer designed those arm braces for short barrel pistols they are about the length of a short stock but they used the gimmick of being an arm brace to fire one handed. they work great to build a short barrel pistol a.k.a. rifle without having to get a tax stamp for an SBR.
    ahhhh..ok...again Tex.

I have little to no use for short barreled pistols as such..in the AR or any other fashion..hence that explains why I am not at all familiar with it

It is my preference in firearms to have a set of iron sights on a tool with a sight radius to it...hence longer barrels in both pistol and rifle. My shortest barreled handgun in revolver is a four inch Ruger GP 100...after that I prefere 6 inch..sight radius on iron. Optics are optional...but I like a good set of iron sights.

Same with rifle...a sight radius..between iron sights. A bit of the olde school in me Tex.

That is just me. But...this also accounts for why I have not heard of these braces. I never admired to get one of those AR type pistols or any other brand.

Oh..and even with a revolver..and even my 1911...I hate to fire one handed...prefer two handed weaver or modified weaver.

And this 41 Magnum for which I am reloading...definitely two handed.

Thanks Tex for updating me.

I have to shove off now...catch you on the boards later.

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 02-20-2017 at 12:53 PM.

It's because some out there want their own version of an SBR Spec Ops tactical-cool CQB Ar! Lol

IMG_4119.jpg

This feeder has only been in place for 2 days. These guys sure like free food! Lol

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

Is that it? Lol

IMG_4136.jpg
    Last edited by texasskeeter; 02-20-2017 at 11:52 PM.

Yeah...You can train or condition or pre dispose a lot of animals ...two legged and four legged with free stuff.

Orangetom

Tex that looks like the line at the local SS / free stuff bldg
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Yup they remind me of Liberals. Gonna have to shoot them.... the deer. Lol

Friggin pigs. I am high fenced and still get pigs. From a Helo, they say you may see 10% of the total population. Occasionally I'll get a helo and predation permit and blast away. My kids and nephews have a blast. I can't get comfortable to shoot left handed out the left side. Even standing on the runner isn't comfortable so I leave it to them. Best way to keep them out is to run them with dogs and knives. They don't like the dogs and will stay away for about 6 months. Again, my kids and nephews like the knife thing. I'm too friggin old to chase dogs thru the brush in the dark.

I'm trying to better train my breeder deer to come to a spin feeder. My ranch foreman is a superb cattleman and learning deer, but just does not get it. He drives my Polaris into the pen but instead of hitting the feeder, he likes to get out and put feed and alfalfa in feeders by hand while calling them. Great plan but when I'm darting, I can't replicate his call and actions and can't get them in. If he would train them to spin feeder, I could remotely spin and throw some corn. Dart, they run, call back dart, repeat.
    Last edited by KINGCHIP; 02-21-2017 at 11:06 AM.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.