Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Communications

Kingy are you really JR!? Lol

I got my Extra class, when there was a code test and I am a volunteer examiner.

Without the code, the written test is fairly easy. Even the Extra class. They have more digital questions and satellite communication questions in the exams, now. You still have to bone up on inductance, and be able to find the resistance of an LCR circuit (filter). You will still have to calculate gain on an OP amp. and other things. Eham.net has a great practice exam, where if you pass that, the real thing will be a snap. Hamtestonline.com is a paid course, but VERY effective in preparing you for the exam. Hamtesting.com is another place to go. All of these places use actual test pool questions, so studying and taking those practice tests will get you there.
    "...government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." R. Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    Kingy are you really JR!? Lol
    No, to there yet, but invited to NYC to visit. Maybe I coulda been a soap actor, and wasted my life ranching and roughnecking. Living in the country in Texas instead of a concrete jungle.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

GR82BPREPD and others

I got my Extra class, when there was a code test and I am a volunteer examiner.

Yeah I got mine too back when there was a code test. I could have waited for the system to change but something in me wanted to know if I could do the code at 20 words per minute. Also math and I never quite got along. I have had to make friends with math as I could find no manner of getting away from it...not just in Ham Radio but on my job as well.

Teaching some younger folks at work how to read micrometers of different kinds. Herein math or lack thereof shows up quickly.

My friend out in Tennessee has of recent gotten his Extra class as well. We wanted to be able to work HF long distance on the Extra portion of certain bands where it will be less crowded.

I took my test from a Radio Shack book...but am very gratified today that with on line capabilities the question pool for every class of license is available on line. That is a big help to aspiring Hams.

Thanks,
    Orangetom