Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For you Texicans a restaurant/portion/ steak question....???

I don't but I can take some later. I'll have to pull them out because I don't think the pics will come out right behind glass and right now I'm hip beep in gardening prep.. Let me see if I can take one while behind glass. Hang on.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

No. Looks horrid. I'll pull a couple things out later on. They are hard to get to. Will have to rearrange furniture to get the side doors open.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

From Steaks to History, GREAT thread !!!!!!!!!

Kingchip,

I am not at all familiar with Ancient Drills. I am assuming you are speaking here of stone drills.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    I have several stones that may be scrapers, but have one that's for sure a scraper, with the same indention o a side, and discolored where the thumb would go. My FIL has several drills, which are a rare find here, mainly because they are delicate and would break easily.

And I've coined a new phrase to cover the fed good crowd, and it is no longer PC for politically correct, but LC for liberally correct, and they are the feel good crowd.

I need to find time to look this up. I read your post here the other day from page 2 of this thread and have since been musing upon this in the back of my mind.

I have drilled a lot of holes in this shipyard and in various kind of metals...from stainless to very hard high strength steel.

Now stone tools ..if that is of what you are speaking ...is a different kind of horse and with my curiosity of history this would be worth knowing.

I imagine one would have to be very patient and long suffering to drill a hole by hand with a stone drill. I imagine too..that this would be a very cultivated specific skill..and even to make or fashion said drill and or drill bit. I say this verses making a arrow head or spear point. A different kind of horse so to speak.

Wow!! We've come along way from the topic of good steaks!!

Thanks,
    Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 02-14-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jnr0104 View Post
    From Steaks to History, GREAT thread !!!!!!!!!
    Well, we do discuss myriad topics around here and, perhaps unfortunately, the "streams" to tend cross at times. Maybe we're all suffering from a touch of ADHD and our minds drift somewhat. Ya reckon? (Chuckle, chuckle)

Well, father in laws ranch is better than mine for artifacts, but cows graze the same grass that hides the artifacts, so steaks and artifacts are seriously intertwined and probably best talked about in the same thread. We could even expand to the baked potato because they grow in the same dirt that artifacts are found in.
    Last edited by KINGCHIP; 02-15-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Well, father in laws ranch is better than mine for artifacts, but cows graze the same grass that hides the artifacts, so steaks and artifacts are seriously intertwined and probably best talked about in the same thread. We could even expand to the baked potato because they grow in the same dirt that potatoes grow in.

LOL LOL LOL...KingChip...understood and duly noted. I'd not quite thought it through to that extent.

You know Beowulf,

When I have time I enjoy watching that history channel program called Pickers ..or is it American Pickers?? I verily enjoy that intro dialogue where they claim they are "telling the history of America one piece at a time."

So many of the items they "pick" have a small record of history which, in some manner, makes up the bigger mosaic of whom, why, and of what we are and the Americans who helped get us here.

I love that kind of history ...even in the smallest items of which most people would ignore.

Thanks,
    Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 02-15-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    LOL LOL LOL...KingChip...understood and duly noted. I'd not quite thought it through to that extent.

You know Beowulf,

When I have time I enjoy watching that history channel program called Pickers ..or is it American Pickers?? I verily enjoy that intro dialogue where they claim they are "telling the history of America one piece at a time."

So many of the items they "pick" have a small record of history which, in some manner, makes up the bigger mosaic of whom, why, and of what we are and the Americans who helped get us here.

I love that kind of history ...even in the smallest items of which most people would ignore.

Thanks,
    Orangetom
    YUP! Makes two of us.

Beowulf,

Having a hot cup of coffee here..it hits the spot. Just came in from the garage wherein I was cleaning my Ruger Blackhawk...and sorting, sizing, and decapping some 96 pieces of 41magnum brass.

Downloading this brass and working my way to a load more suitable to my preference. Factory ammo is some kinda hot for me. I am getting close now in the preferred load.

This hot cup of coffee hits the spot. Cold damp and raining here today. The kind which gets down in your bones.

About the history..

I also like that Pawn Stars show for the same reason...they get into the history. But not as satisfying to me as the Pickers.

But it is history.....lest we forget....who and what we are as a people and a nation.

Time for another cup before I get ready to shove off.

Hoooh...rahhhh!!!

Orangetom

Hmmmmmmm.......

But it is history.....lest we forget....who and what we are as a people and a nation.

Getting ready to shove off here...but was musing on my line quoted from the previous post.

Somehow I came up with that line in reference to these notorious "snowflakes" ...which seem today.. want to come out of the very woodwork and attempt to "Redefine " everything for us???

My maddening musings,
    Orangetom