Thread: rehomed the herd

Default rehomed the herd

as of yesterday I have adopted out all whats left of my horses,, I am at the point in my life where I had to make a decision and had to let them go .. they were vetted and screened and rehomed by a great bunch of ladies who showed up to help when I couldn't get to my horse trailer because of huge snowdrifts..
    Its hard for me to sleep at night but I will eventually have peace about making the right decision.. I am gonna be 60 years old this may and it is no longer a one person job to handle what I was having to do and it prevented me from joining a mag as well.
    after 5 more weeks of winter we will see where this goes..

I know it's very hard, but you made a good decision based on your abilities. I have six and I'm almost half your age, it's difficult to properly care for them. Prayers for your peace.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by silvergramma View Post
    I am gonna be 60 years old this may and it is no longer a one person job to handle what I was having to do and it prevented me from joining a mag as well.
    after 5 more weeks of winter we will see where this goes..
    OMG, this is perfect, I've been after the old lady to get rid of the horses, but noooo, but then she's 60 and still eventing...

Rancher

My wife at 52 will probably have to come to this dcision at some point in the near future. She isn't alone, and has my help most of the time, but with FibroMyalgia, and a huge work schedule, her horses haven't been ridden in 3 years (even with the brand new 104x60 riding arena/4 stall barn I built).

In a SHTF situation, I wouldn't want horse (imagine trying to keep them watered and fed) even if they would be transportation.
    I feel for you, I know how it broke her heart when she lost her favorite sweet natured horse recently to collache.

Eventing is another form of therapy, I'd take that into consideration also.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd think about you more often.

I dream of a tomorrow where a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.