Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump winning

Default Trump winning

Boston Judge Unblocks Trump Travel Ban,Asks "Where Does It Say Muslim Countries?"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...slim-countries

As GMA News Onine reports, U.S. District Judge Nathaniel Gorton on Friday asked Matthew Segal, an attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) representing the plaintiffs in the Boston case.

"Where does it say Muslim countries?"
    Segal replied...

"If your honor's question is, 'Does the word 'Muslim' make a profound presence in this executive order?,' my answer is that it doesn't,... But the president described what he was going to do as a Muslim ban and then he proceeded to carry it out."
    Gorton shot back,

"Am I to take the words of an executive at any point before or after election as a part of that executive order?"
    Judge Gorton on Friday asked U.S. Justice Department lawyer Joshua Press how the seven countries had been selected.

Press responded that the list had come from a law passed in 2015 and amended early last year requiring that citizens of the seven countries apply for visas to enter the United States, "out of concern about the refugees that were coming, mainly from Syria at that time and terrorist events that were occurring in Europe."
    As we noted previously, only 12.5% of the world's Muslims live in the seven countries on Trump's immigration ban list...

LOL...... ol Trump winning again.... Going to drive libs around here crazy
    Live Free or Die

YEP! Libs gonna be jumpin' up and down, poking each other in the eyes with their protest signs, pulling their teeth out with pliers. Be making more racket than a bunch of Howler monkeys with a leopard in the tree with'em.

boy that got overturned fast

Seem a TRO was granted and The ban has been blocked nationwide

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2017/im...9717309322.pdf

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politi...nwide-ag-says/
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

How in the hell can a judge rule that the states face" immediate and irreparable injury" from ensuring that terrorists don't enter our country ??!!

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    How in the hell can a judge rule that the states face" immediate and irreparable injury" from ensuring that terrorists don't enter our country ??!!
    That's what happens when you have a CEO elected as a populist president

He makes promises that are actually unconstitutional, to make the people feel good, and then the people are confused when his EO is halted.

Trump does not understand constitutional law.

I tried to tell you guys section 5 was problematic from a constitutional perspective.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
    That's what happens when you have a CEO elected as a populist president

He makes promises that are actually unconstitutional, to make the people feel good, and then the people are confused when his EO is halted.

Trump does not understand constitutional law.

I tried to tell you guys section 5 was problematic from a constitutional perspective.
    For God's sake Tdale, you can't honestly believe the liberal talking points about a " muslim ban " can you ? It's an effort to halt immigration until they can be adequately vetted, to ensure terrorists don't enter the country, which is entirely within the authority of the President, and which Obama did NOT do, but was never accused of treason which it was in reality, because he abdicated his responsibility and refused to enforce the law of the land. Good grief.

I didn't say "muslim ban" I said "ban" because it was a limited travel ban, you will not find a quote of me saying it was a ban on all muslims

I said section 5 was problematic from a constitutional perspective

I'm absolutely for proper vetting, I was a BP agent I FULLY know what immigration officers do to vet refugees, do you have any idea what the process is? You would not believe me if I told you how hard it was to get into this country as a refugee....as proof I would like to ask you how many Syrian refugees have been let into the US and how many of them % wise have committed terrorist attacks against us once they got here ? It's 0.00% None, not a single one. http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/us/ref...errorism-trnd/

But maybe the threat is too great to even allow the properly vetted, for the sake of argument I'll fully concede this point to you, but then you have a lot of explaining to do as to why Saudi Arabia, the U.A.E. and Egypt are not on the list, 18 out of the 19 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia, the U.A.E. and Egypt , do you know how many came from the 7 banned countries......0 (last one was Lebanon)

Have a read https://www.cato.org/publications/po...-analysis#full let me know what you think

Last edited by Tdale; 02-04-2017 at 12:28 AM.

Well you got me there Tdale. If I was president I'd probably ban any and all entry from any of those countries unless they gave us 100,000 barrels of oil, took at least one politician and 2 actors for every refugee we allow into the country. Those liberal judges would have a field day with me wouldn't they ? HAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Well you got me there Tdale. If I was president I'd probably ban any and all entry from any of those countries unless they gave us 100,000 barrels of oil, took at least one politician and 2 actors for every refugee we allow into the country. Those liberal judges would have a field day with me wouldn't they ? HAHAHAHA
    and pelosi/feinstein can we trade them for some oil? Hell even just give them away?

Quote Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
    and pelosi/feinstein can we trade them for some oil? Hell even just give them away?
    Now Tdale, you know ain't no country in the world stupid enough to take Pelosi and Feinstein, unless you consider Transylvania a country.

One more point , I don't know of any Syrian refugee who has committed an act of terror on our soil, but if ISIS is embedded with them, they will bide their time for months , maybe years before it happens. As a BP agent , can you honestly tell me that only Immigrants looking for the American dream ever crossed the border ?
    I went to Arizona 3 times to hunt mountain lions. We stayed in Patagonia but hunted the mountains just north of Nogales. Every canyon we went down was polluted with trash and campsites from illegals crossing. One day we topped a ridge and in the canyon below were 4 men on horseback. Soon as they saw us they rode like hell for the border. Those weren't people looking for a good honest job.

I don't know what the answer is. This country and world is so screwed up, I don't know who can fix it.

I do want to salute you though, for working to protect our border, you have my respect .