Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATV Shed Project

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Very nice! Square footage?
    Thanks! Interior sq ft is 288 with an additional 144 for the covered porch/deck. The "attached garage" takes about 96 out of that 288 but that area can be quickly converted to living space by just parking the ATV on the porch. It's just about right for one or two people to bang around in.

I'm building cabinets right now (another thing I've never done) and will haul them up in the Spring.

Cheers.
    Remember; what looks back at you in the mirror, better damn well be what's looking in the mirror.

What'd spend on materials? Also, the underside of the enclosed deck, what did you use to close that up, plywood?

Joe - NY

That's very nice, I enjoyed watching. You must have got an enormous sense of satisfaction from it. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    What'd spend on materials? Also, the underside of the enclosed deck, what did you use to close that up, plywood?

Joe - NY
    So far it's just over 10k in materials. I went a bit over budget but not by a bank breaker. That 10k doesn't include the road work. I would have had to put that in anyway because of some other uses on the property.

Right now the bottom is just closed up with 2 inch extruded Styrofoam. So it's Styrofoam sealed around the edges with Great Stuff foaming sealer then about ten inches of insulation then a vapor barrier then 3/4 inch tongue and groove sub floor. I'm thinking I should nail up 3/8 inch treated plywood from underneath. It'll be a bitch to put up and seal but probably worth it to keep out the bugs and critters. If I do that I think I'll have to figure out some kind of bug and critter proof venting system too.

Cheers.
    Remember; what looks back at you in the mirror, better damn well be what's looking in the mirror.

If I were you I think some hardware cloth (1/4 x 1/4 wire fence) that would keep varments from chewing, protecting the foam.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonista View Post
    That's very nice, I enjoyed watching. You must have got an enormous sense of satisfaction from it. Well done.
    Thanks. I've never built anything square in my life so yah, it was really a satisfying project. I'm no spring chicken (62) and it took about six weeks for all the muscle and joint aches to go away after all the heavy lifting parts were done.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    If I were you I think some hardware cloth (1/4 x 1/4 wire fence) that would keep varments from chewing, protecting the foam.
    That's a good idea. Easier to install than 4 x 8 sheets of treated plywood too.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Racoons love hidey holes.

Joe - NY

Awesome job.

I wish i had the skill set to do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TAC00 View Post
    Awesome job.

I wish i had the skill set to do something like that.
    Thanks. You know, I found that a project like this is more sticking with it than know how. I mentioned above that I had never built anything square in my life. That is absolutely true. I retired from the IT business last year and a project like this had been on my bucket list for a long time but I really had no idea what I was getting into.

Study it. Start it. Stay with it. The skill set will follow.

Cheers.