Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dow Jones surpasses 20k

Default Dow Jones surpasses 20k

Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

A little early to celebrate. As I recall it surpassed 1500 through 1900 with Obama in office and America was not better off for it, but Wall St was.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Yep. Despite what most people think, the stock market is not a good representation of how the economy is doing.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I agree, but it's a fairly good indicator that the economy will adjust one way or the other. Weather it be improved or a possible bubble about to burst. We won't know until it trickles down to the consumer. We have to wait and see.

Under Obama, it had nowhere else to go but up after 9/11 in addition to additional wars under Obama. It's taken almost 17 years to get where it was when Obama left but at the same time, while he was in office, the debt doubled, unemployment and welfare went way up and the economy, regardless what MSM reported, was horrid, not to mention the morale. Hopefully the economy will improve, the debt wave will subside rapidly and the stock market will continue to move in an upward direction. That would be the best signs of success. The hard part will be holding the opposition back with one hand while the other hand is working toward a better, safer and more productive America.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

The SM was approx 14K when O'Bozo took office. It has been propped up by every means legal or not by the last Administration. Even though the economy, jobs, national debt, entitlements etc have ALL gotten worse after the last 8 years....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

I believe it!
    And we forgot the bailouts.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I'm betting on a crash and positioning myself to scoop up some additional properties.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I think things will chug along for some time yet. The stock markets goes up while actual earning go down! That is not the way it is supposed to work. It will come to an end at some point. But I think that point is likely maybe a year or more away yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I agree, but it's a fairly good indicator that the economy will adjust one way or the other. Weather it be improved or a possible bubble about to burst. We won't know until it trickles down to the consumer. We have to wait and see.

Under Obama, it had nowhere else to go but up after 9/11 in addition to additional wars under Obama. It's taken almost 17 years to get where it was when Obama left but at the same time, while he was in office, the debt doubled, unemployment and welfare went way up and the economy, regardless what MSM reported, was horrid, not to mention the morale. Hopefully the economy will improve, the debt wave will subside rapidly and the stock market will continue to move in an upward direction. That would be the best signs of success. The hard part will be holding the opposition back with one hand while the other hand is working toward a better, safer and more productive America.
    I, I, I can't even...........

Joe - NY

Then my suggestion is, then don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    I, I, I can't even...........

Joe - NY