Thread: Tinnitus.......my Google induced attempt for a naturopathic cure

Default Tinnitus.......my Google induced attempt for a naturopathic cure

Anyone ever heard of the tonsillar pillar? Let me tell you about it..........
    I get home tonight after a long 16 hour day, sit on the couch and try to relax, but the constant ringing in my ear for whatever reason is so bad tonight that it almost hurts. I honestly can't even remember the last time I went to a doctor as I'm fairly healthy, so I go to Google and study up on the ringing or tinnitus. Of course it states various causes and not as many remedies.

I find a page that list Ginko b. (Takes 6 weeks) I can't wait that long it's driving me crazy! Then it lists Eustachian Tube Drainage, hey I can do this! Whoop whoop! It says: use your clean.. index finger find your molar, keep going, find the stringy thing it's called your tonsillar pillar and if you touch it, it makes most people gag so go carefully..........

I'm stopping right there because that's as far as I made it, yep I hit that pillar thing and gagged so hard I think I ripped muscles in my stomach. I don't think I've ever gagged so hard in my life. I have a new found appreciation for my........never mind.

I seriously need some recommendations for the ringing, usually I can ignore it but it's rough. Please none that involve my tonsillar pillar. For anyone that may be interested I will post the info, but you've been warned.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Eustachian Tube DrainageWhat? This is a naturopathic technique used to relief congestion in the tube behind the eardrum by draining fluid away from the ear. Ideally you can find your local naturopath to show you this technique; if not, you can give it a whirl on your own. This practice will help your tinnitus if it’s due to congestion of the ear, nose or throat. It’s also a good technique to expedite curing a simple ear infection, or unblocking your ears after diving or flying. First, make sure your hands are clean. With your mouth not too wide open, gently find your back molars on one side with your index finger. Beyond the molars is the curve of flesh-covered bone that creates the hinge between the upper and lower jaw. Gently go beyond the hinge, towards the back of the throat until you find a stringy vertical tendon. This is called the “tonsillar pillar”. Touch here will make most people gag, so go softly and carefully. Just behind the tonsillar pillar, down low near the root of the tongue, is the Eustachian tube, which feels like a small “mole tunnel” under the flesh. It may be impossible to feel, but if you got the tonsillar pillar you’re in the right area. Gently stroke the Eustachian tube from the ear side of the back of the throat towards the middle (towards the tongue) several times until you can’t stand it. Same thing on the other side if the tinnitus is bilateral. Do this daily and consistently for up to a week. Repeat as needed. http://dremilykane.com/2002/05/10/to...-for-tinnitus/

Flock, just answer the damn thing and it'll stop ringing. (Chuckle, chuckle) Seriously, I have the same problem...have had for years. At first it used to drive me nuts but as time went on I just learned to "tune it out" and ignore it. Besides, most of the time its about the only thing I can hear clearly.

That would drive me insane!
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Lmao flock!

Is it a ringing per se, or more of a signal broadcasted?

Some places like in parts of Colorado n back east it seems like some kinda white noise signal is being aired over the population.

This could be residual effects from stuff like Gwen playing elf on harp.

I've been on and around heavy equipment my whole life... when I was a baby my dad put a little toy football helmet on me and strapped me to the tank of his Harley bungee cord on trips. I got my fist shotgun when I was 5 a little single shot 410 that my son uses to hunt squirrels when he's not shooting them in the eye with his .22. So it's from a lifetime of abuse I'm sure, but last night it was loud for some reason..... it's a high pitch tone like someone blowing a dog whistle all the time. I'm going to try the ginko..

I've had 24/7/365 tinnitus (high pitched ringing, sometimes additional pops and sounds) for almost 20 years now. Nothing alleviates it for me. I sleep with a fan or I can't sleep. See an ENT doctor, maybe you'll have better luck than I did. I hope you do.

I'm pretty sure I have it by description from friends diagnosed with it. I call it a badge for taking such good care of my ears out on drill rigs and frackers locations. I count myself lucky to be able to hear.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Well I've started the ginkgo biloba, 120mg I will do this morning and night and keep y'all updated. The worse could happen is I start remembering stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Well I've started the ginkgo biloba, 120mg I will do this morning and night and keep y'all updated. The worse could happen is I start remembering stuff.
    Ahhh! So you, too, suffer from CRS...can't remember sh*t. I've also had THAT problem for a while now. I tried the ginko. Didn't do my "telephone" ears any good. Maybe you'll have better luck.