Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 2017.......What have you added to your preps this week?

Grabbed a box of 308

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I bought a really nice Upper and lower AR15 from Palmetto State Armory. We then got a nice Nikon 3/9 adjustable scope, and a rail mounted flashlight/laser. Hope to shoot it soon in the back field on my 100 yard shooting range.

We have been completely re-doing the shooting target after a large tree fell, and shattered on top of our old one. I cut up the tree, pushed my old 21' boat shell upside down into place, and then moved our horse manure pile up against the side of the boat. I have a dozen old railroad ties that I need to set in place on the manure pile, and then attach a heavy duty flat-top machine pallet to the RR ties to be able to attach stick on/hanging targets.

New rule for the shooting range, no more shotgun blasts at the target, we got a new skeet launcher that we need to try out this year.
    Last edited by ckelly78z; 03-11-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Two plum trees from tractor supply. 40 something chicken eggs ready to hatch in the next couple of days.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

We have a new wood burning cook stove.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Bought another trickle charger called "A Battery Minder" from Pep Boys. Paid cash.

These gadgets claim they will not only slowly charge but also send in pulses to desulfinate your battery...or help keep the build up on the plates down...by sending in pulses of electricity.

We shall see.

Orangetom

Added 2 jet skis this year. Gotta be able to outrun mauraders on the waterways! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Just received three hundred new brass cases for my newly re-barreled Swiss sporter in 300 Savage.

A few weeks back I received the new Frankford Arsenal "Perfect Seat" hand primer. I've been having issues with crimped/sealed primers and the press kept jamming up because of it. By pre-priming the brass it will take that variable out of the equation and help the press operate more smoothly.

Parts for the ongoing "fridge refurbish" project for my travel trailer (insulation, switches, sensors, ignitor board, fans, etc).

An electrical heater element retrofit kit for the on-board gas water heater in the trailer (for use when tied to shore power or generator).

New 1500w inverter for the travel trailer to replace the old (malfunctioning) 650w unit.

Earlier in the year I laid in a case of Red Feather canned butter when it went on sale and three cases of dehydrated hash browns when Costco had them in stock.
    Last edited by bruss01; 04-25-2017 at 12:17 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Bought another trickle charger called "A Battery Minder" from Pep Boys. Paid cash.

These gadgets claim they will not only slowly charge but also send in pulses to desulfinate your battery...or help keep the build up on the plates down...by sending in pulses of electricity.

We shall see.

Orangetom
    OT I would be interested in your findings. I have a battery I want to charge and keep charged. Once I find a charger that works well I will be sure to add more batteries
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by Slojo View Post
    I've been gradually working my way upto a years supply of 3mil garbage bags (12 from Costco) and Kirkland paper towels. Not really sure how many cases of paper towels I'll need to consider it 'a years supply'.

Joe - NY
    I've been gradually steadily adding to this stockpile and decided for the time being that 12 cases of each of the following would suffice as a years' supply:

-Kirkland 12 rolls 160 sheets per roll paper towels.
    -Kirkland 32 count 3 mil 42 gallon contractor garbage bags.
    -Kirkland 4 package 260 count 1-ply paper napkins (1040 total napkins per case).
    -Scott 36 roll toilet tissue.

The reason for going with all the paper products is there are no expiration dates and they are supplies that my family uses anyways. Almost completely there with this step of the prep.

Joe - NY

Managed to sneak another case of 9mm past the wife and into storage. Good NATO-spec stuff that her XD-9 will eat all day long.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.