Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017.......What have you added to your preps this week?

Default 2017.......What have you added to your preps this week?

Just got back from Restaurant Depot and picked up 40 lbs of pasta and 4 cases of butane.

Joe - NY

Just finished building another AR15. One can never have too many!

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg
    Last edited by texasskeeter; 01-17-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Oh and bought another 400lb deer feeder. Making a new deer blind end of the week.

IMG_3616.jpg
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

The last few weeks of December we acquired some AR receivers to be the "on paper" rifles, so that we wouldn't have to register any of our off-paper pre-2014 rifles here. They are inexpensive Tennessee Arms poly/brass hybrids. I have no problem turning these in if it ever comes to that, stripped down to their birthday suit, as it were. The off-paper rifles - we'll be hanging on to those, thanks. They'll be "featureless" from here out, but the leftover parts from the TA guns will be around if they're ever needed. I've built all 7 of ours to date and have the tools to do the job, easy-peasy.

We also did a bit of shopping to shore up our food lately, and the winter camping trip in the camping trailer was a proof-of-concept trip in case we ever need to bug out during cold weather... we know it can be done as opposed to just assuming that's what we would do.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

i bought a house in a simi rural area near a big pond, it's not the woods. But i see foxes in the park all the time and deer in my front yard from time to time.

just added some med preps like more asprin and cold meds and burn cream that was on sale at discount store. Mostly i'm unpacking.

Bought a couple mags for the AR.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Man, 2017

Not ahead but don't feel so far behind. Still have 7k worth of debt. Reliable is definitely hard to find. No regrets with 2016 we made a few goals just not all. What can we learn from this that will allow us to grow. If we are in the sabbath then no rest. Live luv n light!

Ammo and lamp oil, and new contacts...
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Just before Christmas, we got a new big fireproof safe, with the digital entry pad from Rural King. Now to transfer everything from my much smaller non-fire proof gun cabinet, and get more ammo to fill it up properly.

Israeli battle bandages
    Tourniquets
    Other First Aid Items

(3 first aid kits - home, car, car)

Some more rice and beans

Not much, but every bit helps.