Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 2017.......What have you added to your preps this week?

LOL
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I have a considerable amount of powder, primers, brass and bullets for reloading, but obtaining "ready rolls" or components is always a work in progress.
    Same here, but if I spot a good deal the 9mm is almost as cheap as what it costs me to make it... That said, I have about 3k 9mm bullets and copious amounts of brass waiting to be processed, sitting here waiting for the day I can't get those kind of deals any more.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    Same here, but if I spot a good deal the 9mm is almost as cheap as what it costs me to make it... That said, I have about 3k 9mm bullets and copious amounts of brass waiting to be processed, sitting here waiting for the day I can't get those kind of deals any more.
    Lol, I had the exact same issues bruss01; a large amount of components just sitting around waiting to be processed. However, I was just laid off on Tuesday, and I've been passing the time by handloading some .308 rounds. I plan on starting with 9mm, and .38 special after I'm finished with my .308's.

Sorry to hear that Fontain, hope work kicks back off soon for you. It seems like everything is booming.........

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Fontain, hope work kicks back off soon for you. It seems like everything is booming.........
    Thanks flock6, my employer plans to rehire me once work picks up again; so I should be fine. I like to think of this as a little summer vacation, just relaxing and enjoying time off haha.

Atta boy!

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I have a considerable amount of powder, primers, brass and bullets for reloading, but obtaining "ready rolls" or components is always a work in progress.
    I don't know what ready rolls are, but i recently started looking at reloading components and was surprised that when all added together I really wasn't saving all that much money.

Joe - NY

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Jo,
    Another good item to stock up on is fabric. Every month for the past several years, fabric stores have a huge sale, 1.00 a yard. I stock up on a lot of cotton fabric. I try to stock mostly solids in light colors but I do stock some darks and prints. I also stock water resist fabrics and wind resist fabrics.
    Also stock up on threads of different purposes and strengths..

A lot of preps over look these particular items as a necessity.
    Fabric is fine......for way down the road for me. I'd rather stock up on blue jeans, socks, underwear, t-shirts and boots first. The real trick is finding sizes and calculating how many of each I need for the remaining years me and the Mrs have on this planet.

Joe - NY

I can agree with you Jo, material if I had a place to put it would rot away before I could use it. If would be like having a bunch of gas and no motors to run it....... only good for trade.