Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: eggs

So they're falsely advertising? Maybe the cartons should read; heavy, heavier, heaviest since they're measured with a scale vs. A micrometer. Lol I honestly assumed that they were sold due to size I.e. large and gauged as such.

So...... how much does a "large" egg weigh? Just out of curiosity....
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    So they're falsely advertising? Maybe the cartons should read; heavy, heavier, heaviest since they're measured with a scale vs. A micrometer. Lol I honestly assumed that they were sold due to size I.e. large and gauged as such.
    So...... how much does a "large" egg weigh? Just out of curiosity....
    I'm not sure what you are saying by falsely advertising, they use one size carton fits all, so large eggs in a carton that's made to fit extra large eggs look smaller than normal. Medium eggs if you can find them in the store are probably in a smaller carton, when sold to restaurants they are sold by the flat.

A large egg weighs more than 24 and less than 27 ounces. Every 3 ounces is a size, 21 = medium, 24 = large, 27 = extra large.

Rancher

Oh good grief if I had that many free eggs I'd be baking to the moon and back ,, pumpkin bread, zucchini bread, banana bread.. non stop.. don't get me started,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    I'm sorry you're having to buy eggs, I give away 4 or 5 dozen, free range, organic eggs every week. You'd be surprised at the people who prefer store bought eggs, but the ones who like fresh eggs prize them. My eggs range from light brown, light blue, to green and dark brown, and range from small to jumbo. I don't sort them because I give them for free. The ladies at the bank especially enjoy them.

Notice how some of the white eggs after boiling are harder to peel vs the brown ones? Some of the white ones seem rubbery to. Never know what your getting at the store.

Hard to peel eggs are because they are fresh and haven't separated from the inner membrane yet. Rubbery whites mean the egg is old.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I am just fixing to come into a lot of steel roofing panes from a barn roof--- this will be made into a really nice, strong hen house. We now live in wife's [ our ] home--- I had a deluxe hen house at my place, too much trouble to tear it down and relocate. That nice hen house will help it sell better anyway. I will get about a dozen fresh young hens-- and a rooster. I simply LOVE to hear a rooster crow early in the morning,, or anytime, for that matter. We now get yard eggs from a local friend, I had given her some of my hens when moving over here. Truth is--- I want a rooster more than the hens....
    ''the heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left'' Ecclesiastes 10:2 [ NIV ]

Get you a banty they're always trying to impose on the tranquil.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

If you really want noise get some guineas .

Oh hell no! I hate those damn birds. Noisiest fowl I have ever encountered. I had 30 of them that I hatched from eggs. They grew up and I didn't get a moments peace afterward. No no no! Never again!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Oh hell no! I hate those damn birds. Noisiest fowl I have ever encountered. I had 30 of them that I hatched from eggs. They grew up and I didn't get a moments peace afterward. No no no! Never again!

HAHAHA . My daughter hated them too Cammie. She used to chase them with a broom . I think they squalked every time a blade of grass moved. Dam good watchdogs if the SHTF.