Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowy weather this weekend here on the Chesapeake Bay...

Default Snowy weather this weekend here on the Chesapeake Bay...

Have been feeling bad here and stayed home. Ate some dinner and had two tall glasses of wine and went to bed for about four hours.

Awoke to viewing the weather closing in on this area. Snow is bad in this area as so many can hardly drive in the rain..snow is a disaster for us.

They are talking about a7 to 10 inches. Even 6 inches would be bad here.

With aches and fever..runny nose..I decided to make a list...and get it done today rather than tomorrow ....Friday when It is likely to be all hell breaking loose at the gas pumps and stores.

I got a few groceries after checking my stocks...and also gassed up all my vehicles as well as all my spare gas cans..for the generators.

Need to keep abreast of what is happening at my mothers ..if the power goes out. I think my two wheel truck can handle it verses my car...but still caution is in order should I need to venture out.

Told my lady friend what she needs to be doing tonight rather than tomorrow night...hope she gets a clue and acts on it.

Need to start charging my Beofeng walkie talkies tonight as well...to have them on the ready line. Spare batteries too.

Best get with it it again and charge my Walkie talkies. I don't want to be rushing at the last minute tomorrow night with the rest of the herd.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

how most are going to be tomorrow night

Vox Populi!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha! Perfect!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

They are talking snow/sleet here today, just saw on Fox News that northern Ms around Memphis has a good bit on the ground. I am on the east side of central Ms, it usually does not get this far down. Wife desperately wants some snow,, so we can ride the gravel back roads in the Teryx SXS. The good news is--- 60*'s by early next week,, 70*'s by next week-end.
    ''the heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left'' Ecclesiastes 10:2 [ NIV ]

It is pretty cold here. It was 25 on the morning run and it will be 28 on the afternoon run. These kids on my bus are pansies! In order for them not to complain that it's cold I have to have all 3 heaters maxed out. But doing so means I sweat. So, I drive in a short sleeve shirt with no jacket on and my driver's window open all the way. It is supposed to be 15 here in the morning. That should be fun since I have training all day tomorrow.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

12 here this morning, snow still coming down. It won't amount to more than 3 or 4 inches.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Too funny pork!!
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Danm the cold, beaming beautiful sun light n clear blue skies today!

On the down hill end of this cold through which I have been working my way and suffering.
    10 pm here now and I am up standing the night watch. Should start snowing any time now.

Orangetom

Not a fan of rain or snow. When it's cold ya have to figure out how to stay dry or cold injuries happen. Sometimes it's a change of pace, layers or elevation.