Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whew! Did we overspend or WHAT!!!!!!!

Www.daveramsey.com and especially this http://www.iheart.com/live/dave-ramsey-channel-5859/ you don't have to buy anything just listen tho him for a little while.

Merry Christmas!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

^ his stuff is popular in several states, yet is also good advice. Met a few people who follow his plan and have built wealth without the headache of debt.

Down to about 7 grand of debt left. 3k on my card, 2k for gi bill not covering my school in texas, 1k in Dr bills n 800 in a membership.

You can live a good life on little money if you are frugal and learn to appreciate what you have instead of always wanting more. I never made a lot of money yet I was able to mostly retire at age fifty two because my wife and I learned how to save.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Www.daveramsey.com and especially this http://www.iheart.com/live/dave-ramsey-channel-5859/ you don't have to buy anything just listen tho him for a little while.

Merry Christmas!
    Flock6, I have not paid credit card interest in almost a year as I generally pay it off EVERY month. And, I have a credit score the last time I checked of over 800. I get the impression you think I am lying to you when I said we now have a new roof and my husband had cancer removed from his face.

Alredneck, that is ALSO my intent, and I also need to pay of about $7000 that I know off: we do not have all the medical bills in yet. Just most of them. Tonight we will call and ask for a lower interest rate on a credit card. It never mattered when we were paying each month in full: now it DOES matter. Though the balance will be at the old rate. We still have not decided whether or not to transfer it to a 0% card. I would rather pay it than transfer it, but it might be smarter for us to transfer it and THEN pay it. It might get paid off faster.
    Last edited by Kansas Terri; 12-29-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Whew! Did we overspend or WHAT!!!!!!!
    We did here too, and like you, there were real reasons for it, not a lack of fiscal discipline. Fortunately we won't be doing without any essentials until the ship comes right-side-up again. My parents recounted a time early in their marriage when they were down to a can of peas and a box of bisquick, with a week until payday. They made it work somehow. We're significantly better situated thanks to prepping as a way of life, and we'll be just fine. Best to you and yours!
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

You know what they say about assuming......... I was merely giving you a resource too learn so that you will never have to pay interest for anything.... ANYTHING.

I'm in no position what so ever to criticize you let alone doubt you. I would never consider either.

As for me, I don't have a credit score.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post

As for me, I don't have a credit score.
    Well, that Trumps my credit score of 800!

Going with flock on this one. Keeping up with a credit score is like competing in dysfunction. If people really understood money there wouldn't be so much indebtness and lack of accountability. If we controlled the people's money thru a treasury than paying for bank services dollars would be worth more.