Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whew! Did we overspend or WHAT!!!!!!!

The catering alone Was $600 for two days' worth of festivities, not including any beverages.

Yeah, been a tough year for us financially we me losing my full time job. Still looking.

Joe - NY

And, it all adds up at 12% interest!
    First and foremost is to cut that interest rate. Get a regular bank loan, transfer to a low or no interest card (be careful with this because there is a lot of small print), borrow from relatives, whatever but get that interest down. All interest money is just like throwing that money out the window.

Cut that card up right now, do it together. You don't have to have the card to pay it off. Cut up any charge cards you have, DO IT! No excuses.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Cut that card up right now, do it together. You don't have to have the card to pay it off. Cut up any charge cards you have, DO IT! No excuses.
    Please remember that what we spent it on was almost entirely the roof and removing the cancer from my husbands face.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Terri View Post
    Please remember that what we spent it on was almost entirely the roof and removing the cancer from my husbands face.
    Get a new Dermatologist, usually his PA checks me and freezes the pre stuff but she found one Basil on my cheek, doc spent a bit of time having me smile... I don't smile so no biggie, and used a z cut, all gone, no scar, no plastic surgeon... get a new Dermatologist.

Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by azrancher View Post
    Get a new Dermatologist, usually his PA checks me and freezes the pre stuff but she found one Basil on my cheek, doc spent a bit of time having me smile... I don't smile so no biggie, and used a z cut, all gone, no scar, no plastic surgeon... get a new Dermatologist.

Rancher
    I will research alternatives, thanks.

It might be influenced because it was at the corner of his eye: I do not know if this matter or not.

Kansas Terri, I don't think anyone believes you did something bad we just want you to minimize your losses now. And to be careful not to over spend again and make the problem worse. Most or maybe all on this forum have had too little money at one time or another in their lives. It is certainly nothing bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    But think of the economy. o'bummer, (is that a fine irish name) required businesses to have chip reader machines by a certain date. We went along to the tune of $1000/reader. Three of them for me. Not sure why many big name retailers don't have them yet. Doesn't matter, hate them.
    This isn't to build the economy but destroy it. Kinda like buying debt with debt, devaluing the dollar. Who makes money at that?

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    +1000, great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    Kansas Terri, I don't think anyone believes you did something bad we just want you to minimize your losses now. And to be careful not to over spend again and make the problem worse.
    If that were true then there would be no point in cutting up the cards. Personally, I prefer to keep both the roof and the husband! Yes, we also replaced the vehicle that broke down, but that was BEFORE the rest of it.

Last night I spoke to DH a bit about economizing, and I made a list of our debts: we have not yet gotten all of our medical bills but I wrote down what we have so far. Tonight we will prioritize what we hit first.

In the mean time, we have some leftover gravy in the fridge and we still have some mushrooms: tonight I shall make a casserole dish of potatos with the last of the mushrooms and leftover carrots, the 2 hamburger patties left from last night crumbled up in the taters, and at the last minute I will top with the leftover gravy. Sliced oranges will be served on the side.

DH had asked for biscuits this Christmas and we had them, but only half got eaten. The are pretty hard now, so I will likely give them to the chickens.
    Last edited by Kansas Terri; 12-28-2016 at 08:24 AM.