Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snopacacylispe

I went ice fishing once when I was in North Dakota. Had good day, caught ten pounds of ice. Didn't get to eat any of it, though, as it melted in the garage before I could get it scaled, gutted and ready to cook. I was so disappointed. Was really looking forward to seeing how it would taste with French fries, cole slaw, hush puppies and sweet tea.

The high temp today was supposed to be 69. It is 51 right now, cloudy, and a little drizzle. We will be lucky to get out of the 50s today. Tomorrow the front will be moving through.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Our high today is +5, low last night -8, 8 inches tomorrow, finally a winter

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    Our high today is +5, low last night -8, 8 inches tomorrow, finally a winter
    Send some of that our way!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

It's been in the teens here the past couple mornings. Snow in the mountians above 4500'. Suppose to warm back up some and 2" of rain by Sunday.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

-20, 6" of really fluffy snow.

Ice fisherman are happy.

We had temps near 70 yesterday, the breeze was warm. Then the winds came from the NW gusting at nearly 35mph. Then we had tornado warnings and a winter weather advisory. Snownado? went to bed with strong winds, thunder/lightening, heavy rains, woke up to ice covered everything and pea size hail.

It's a cozy 28 now as we prepare to head towards Chattanooga to visit family.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I had a premonition about a year ago that I needed to get in all the fire wood I could. I am still working on it. I still feel I need to get more. I even felt so strongly about it that I built a new wood shed. Haven't managed to fill it up yet but I am working on it. At last count, I had somewhere around 8 cords, not much for some folks but a lot for middle Georgia.

Call it craze or call it a prep, whatever you want to call it, you can call me warm.

I can see Mt Hood, Adams, St Helens and Rainer on a clear day

Quote Originally Posted by Gaowlpoop View Post
    I had a premonition about a year ago that I needed to get in all the fire wood I could. I am still working on it. I still feel I need to get more. I even felt so strongly about it that I built a new wood shed. Haven't managed to fill it up yet but I am working on it. At last count, I had somewhere around 8 cords, not much for some folks but a lot for middle Georgia.

Call it craze or call it a prep, whatever you want to call it, you can call me warm.
    I believe certain things do not have an acceptable inventory upper end limit. These are items with long shelf lives and considerable daily utility. I think no one can have...

1. Too much firewood. As soon as I do think that, I will cut and split/stack more.
    2. Too much ammunition. How much is enough? Damned if I know.
    3. Enough water. Of the potable variety. I have no personal experience but am told E Coli STEC 0157 and Listeria can really ruin your days.
    4. Too much knowledge. One of the major takeaways from my college days and return when I was older is this. Knowing what you know is a minor consideration. Knowing what you don't know is profound wisdom.
    5. Too much in your various financial interests.

I could go on, but I have typed "too many" words and need a smoke.

ez