Thread: Warka Water Tower (Air Well)

Default Warka Water Tower (Air Well)

Anyone seen or worked with one of condensation towers?

https://www.wired.com/2014/03/warka-water-africa/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_well_(condenser)

I read on another thread about bacteria and what not so boiling might still be in order or at a minimum the plastic should be replaced regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hannibal ad portas

That's similar to a "guzzler" like are used in west Texas. Catches humidity at night and deposits into trough for wildlife and cattle. Could just as easily deposit into blackened plastic tank and stored.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    That's similar to a "guzzler" like are used in west Texas. Catches humidity at night and deposits into trough for wildlife and cattle. Could just as easily deposit into blackened plastic tank and stored.
    Totally using that example/analogy on the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hannibal ad portas

I would think it would only work where you have dew. In other words the area must have a high dew point. Would never work here.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I would think it would only work where you have dew. In other words the area must have a high dew point. Would never work here.
    Actually, these things are most numerous out in far west Texas where it is more arid. Never seen one even as far east and central Texas.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields